suicidal snowflake

Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum

Help Support Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum:

aedeos

Future Sen
I had a friend come over to check out my tank today; I couldn't find the snowflake eel. Then suddenly, under my chair, there she lay. Figuring her a goner, I picked her up to bury and there was a twitch! I quickly put her back in the tank and she is again functional, but slow to be back to 100%. Is there anything I can do to speed up the process? Or should I let her be? She's my pride and joy, so I want the best care for her possible.

with a snow flake eel in your tank you MUST i repeat MUST have a cover for the tank or else this will not be the last time. they are escape artists...

Matt

Also, with any fish that may be on it's way out, when you put it back in the tank, purposely run water over it's gills. Use slow current not fast current (I.e. a maxijet 400 would be better to use than a maxijet 1200). You would be shocked at how many spring back to life.

She's looking good today. She's been in there a year and a half, and this is her second time jumping (first time I swatted her from biting me and spooked her, so it doesn't really count). But I may look into a hood, now.

She's looking good today. She's been in there a year and a half, and this is her second time jumping (first time I swatted her from biting me and spooked her, so it doesn't really count). But I may look into a hood, now.

that would be a good Idea;)

Back