sump-refuge

Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum

Help Support Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum:

rusmirh

is there anyone that lives in or close to the y north side that has built a sump befor and wouldnt mind helping me build one for my50 gall. tank.. sometimes in like 2 weeks or so .. would like to get started buying what i need

Depending on how much room you have in your stand, building one out of a small aquarium is pretty simple. I've build a couple out of 29 gallon aquariums, that work great!! All it takes is the tank and 6 pieces of cut glass, that you can get cheap at any glass shop. Let me know if you need any advice!!

ok... but the hard part that i think is pumps one going out of the tank and one that goes back to the tank.. cause i dont want it to overflow

You'll only have 1 pump, to return water from sump to display tank. Having 2 pumps is asking for disaster!!

If your tank isn't drilled, you'll need to either get it drilled, or use a HOB overflow box.

I'll say it again and can't stress this enough.... if you're planning on using a pump to move water from your tank to your sump, you're asking for disaster!!

hmm . thats why i said i need help lol .. tx
cee i didnt know that that i only need one pump.. i thought one pump inside the tank pusing water to sump and another from the sump to the tank ..
thats what i always thought

This would work just fine IF both pumps were pushing the exact same amount of water, at all times, and neither pump every failed. They will not push the exact same amount of water at all times and when one starts pumping more water than the other, water will end up in places you don't want it...lol.

go to this site and find where he talks about overflows... he has lots of other good info too
then get the HOB fuges out of my trunk!!!
u should've told me you were looking for a HOB overflow, b/c i had a spare one a couple of weeks ago...
Stephen

u told me bout the HOB fuges not the overflow. i still have the HOB fuges. give me a call when you want to pick them up. i should be able to meet after 3-3:30ish...

Back