Sump Setup

Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum

Help Support Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum:

ronj

Blue Tang
i think i am going to change my sump setup .... i will have the overflows draining into the skimmer chamber first...then on to the refugium, then to the return..... when i first set it up, i will not have the refugium, but i am going to install the baffles for it... i will try to find a pic or draw it....which ones of the baffles have to have teeth on them, or is it personal preference?????also, should the end of the sump w/ the return ,have the three baffles????

ok...i just read that the teeth are for the refugium baffle.... they keep the plants from flowing over into the next area of the sump

If you make the baffle coming from the fuge so it willpull water from the bottom then go up over the next divider you should not have a issue with plants getting pulled over. Did that make sense?

ron here is picture for idea of sump.

pic.php
[/URL][/IMG]

i like the idea... i'm just going to decide when i see the skimmer and where i can fit it

i actually just saved the pics of your plumbing that you showed me onto my computer:)... i like your plumbing work

when and if you want to see more picture let me know i will post as much as you need to try to help .

i just need to be near to the p.c :)

good luck

Back