Sump with Chaeto

Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum

Help Support Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum:

jellybowl

Hi all,

I have a 28g Nanocube CF that I just got, and it has a refugium compartment in the back. Any suggestions on lighting for Chaeto? Can I get away with some cheapie LED?

Something like an old freshwater tank hood works great. I have one of the stock ten gallon hoods over my 55 gallon refug section.

I may pony up and get the in tank lights. It's really just a small area and doesn't need much light. I'd like it better than a clamp on light.

Thanks!

light for chaeto

Hi all,

I have a 28g Nanocube CF that I just got, and it has a refugium compartment in the back. Any suggestions on lighting for Chaeto? Can I get away with some cheapie LED?

Hi, we have a 125 gal. display tank with a 55 gal. refugium. We have various things in our refug. with chaeto. and all we use is a clip on hood with a 40 watt regular bulb in it.

Be careful with the LED lights. Most are under 1W and just don't have the PAR value to sustain macro algae. I fell victim to this one these. This thread below has that last update I did for mine. Additional pics in the link in my sig.

Back