sump

Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum

Help Support Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum:

tel

hi all ,im having another tank built, its 7ft x 2 x 2.5 but what i want to know is will this sump work on it and does it look ok

WELCOME! any chance to see a bigger picture, I can barley make out the writting..... is there a light for the Refugium?

It looks like your skimmer is dumping into your fuge. Am I reading this wrong?

Also, how is water going from the tank on the left, back to the one on the right.

i did hear that you shuld not come from tank strait to refugium so i thought it would be best to skim it .the water level on the right hand tank will be lower so when the refugium fills to the connecting pipes x3 it will flow back.
any advise is welcome,thanks for replying
terry
p.s thats not the skimmer cup emptying in the fuge ,its the water that runs through it .its cleaned,sorry pic not very good

Last edited:
I would not play with the outlet of the skimmer. From what I understand, skimmers can get quite moody. It looks good on paper but I wouldn't try it.

The flow from the smaller pump should be enough flow for your fuge, no?

OK, I see the coupler between the two tanks now.

Welcome to RF! Hope you enjoy it here:) As for the diagram, looks good by what I can make out of it so far. Hard to tell the writing here as well though:oops: Good luck with it all:)

Back