Sumping a jbj

Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum

Help Support Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum:

josh88

Ok so I want up add a sump to my jbj. And get my equipment in there instead of in the back sump. But I've only seen one sump jbj. And the way he had it was simple but didn't look clean. I want this setup to look clean and organized. So I guess I'm looking for some ideas on How I'm going to do this. I'm thinking I want to plumb the return pump right into the return nozzels inside the jbj. And get rid of these dam powerheads in the tank. I looked at this website one of the members posted on these gnome glass skimmers. I personally like wood diffusers. But I'm trying to see how to mod a pico powerhead into a needle wheel pump. Maybe shaving the blades down thin. ?. Like said open to tonz of ideas

HTC EVO

Oh man I looked at that sight you posted very impressive. I emailed the guy so I'm just waiting on him to get back to me. I'm wondering about how strong of a return pump I should get. I want a Danner mag. But no idea which one. And I'm worried about making a diy syphon. I want to.drill a gravity fed overflow into the back part. And do not want to empty my tank to do it.

HTC EVO

once you tell me the size of the aquarium, i can tell you the gph and which exact return pump to get.
i can tell you it wont be any mag pump tho... they overheat, are loud, and
just not a very good pump.
for a return pump get an eheim.

It's a jbj 28 gallon hqi, with a 10 gallon sump that I want to put under it. I will post a pic of the sump later today.

HTC EVO

32891112-e29c-869f.jpg

This is the left side
32891112-e2cb-1839.jpg

This is the right side

HTC EVO

josh88 hey are you interested in another HQI hood? i got this thing in a lot of fish stuff i bought. its for a nano cube 28g. has a 150w hqi, 2x18w actinics and moon lights. the only down side is the MH ballast was missing. it doesnt fit anything i have and dont know what to do with it. if you have any interest ill make you a dirt cheap deal. aaron

Well tried to upload but it only let's me have a pic 19.5kb in size and can't get it that small on my phone. Send me a text to 5412807817 and I can send you a couple pics.

Back