Sun Polyps ???

Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum

Help Support Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum:

I keep both sun corals and dendros in a 20 gallon tank. I feed them every other day and have never had any issues with ammonia/nitrate/nitrite spikes. I do weekly water changes and keep feeding to a minimum.

Usually feed a combination of plankton, brine shrimp, and mysis shrimp through a turkey baster and use a 20 oz pop bottle with the bottom cut out. Be sure to de burr the pop bottle cut out before use. :eek:)

I purchased my sun coral as a resue coral from Saltwater city and it only had 2 heads for 10.00. Now with feedings every other day it has five heads.
My Dendro was around 35.00 at BR for 3 heads and now has six heads.

Dendro or Duncan? I haven't seen Dendros at BR for less than $50 a head. If you got 3 heads of Dendro for $35 thats a smokin deal.

Yes Dendros for 35.00 And very cool. Of course I just spent $140 for 9 polyps of a Bright Blue Florida Ricordia rock.

Dendros.jpg

Dendros

BlueRics.jpg

Thanks. They are very cool and I've never been able to find these locally, at least not as bright as these are.

Sorry, back to the subject at hand. :eek:)

Yeah great deal for sure. I didn't realize what a great deal I got until I saw dendros at BR after I purchased mine and wow... they are a nice priced coral for sure. *lol* :eek:)

Guess when it is time for fragging I'll have to pay it forward. :eek:)

Cheers,
Alex

Back