Sunset Monti Pictures?

Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum

Help Support Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum:

ErikAnderson

Before i go and spend the money on a sunset monti frag, i was wondering if anyone has a few pictures of established colonies?

I have a few plate montis in my tank and they grow like crazy, does the encrusting variant grow as fast or as well?

Thanks
erik

Oh I see. Good luck finding a large colony of this particular coral. I hope you are ready to shell out the cash for a large colony. This thing is pretty fast growing in the right condition.

Sunset monti Frag prices have fallen to affordible (in lieu of insane), but there is nobody selling a large colony for under many hundreds of dollars. Why do that when a 3/4" frag can get $50 plus shipping on ebay

i wouldnt call it 'big' but i do consider it to be a colony,and its the biggest one ive personally seen,:p
DSCN1104.jpg

and fts so yeh can see the placement in tank.:p
DSCN1117.jpg

ok adam ill take a pic of mine tonight(its that marble size piece you gave me when i first started reefing.....you couldnt get any color out of it)....well its beutiful now started on frag plug then cut off and put on frag disk, now put on Sand dollar-just started to encrust to it.....
ps:will post pic later

kevinpo,thanks a lot that means a lot coming from you,youve been doing this a long time and have had many many corals.and thanks so very much for the time...i learned most the stuff i know about corals ....and heck the fish too for that matter from you and the family.and when i first came back to reeffrontiers i think i read youre re setting up a tank at home?

nata,Maxx,and twiggy,thanks for looking/commenting,ive always like the montis...caps to be specific...but even some of the others are pretty cool.and havent ya noticed no matter how big and fancy some of these tanks are they always seem to have a cap or two in them. :p

Myteemouse ,looks pretty cool,i cant wait till i replace my bulbs so i can get that glow back,my bulbs are suuuuper old right now,and that corals is at the bottom.one of my favorites though.

i use superglue...ive used a couple different brands.i do know there are a few you dont want to use....so use at your own risk! ...or read up and find which is best to use.

Back