SuperGlue usage??

Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum

Help Support Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum:

DaBrowns

Is it safe to use in tank or not? Thinking about using it to attach suction cups to powerheads unless someone has a better idea?:p

It will also work under water if you use a large enough "glob".. Use a large glob.. on the coral/frag.. as soon as it hits the water it will "skin over" (water acts as a catalyst) creating a "packet of glue". When it makes contact with the rock the "packet" will break and allow you to stick it:). Sometimes it can be a little tricky.

I cant say that I have tried it with suction cups/glass. YMMV

"Thinking about using it to attach suction cups to powerheads unless someone has a better idea?"

I would attach them to mag floats instead of suction cups. They cost a few dollars, but it will insure that your PH never comes loose beause the suction cups fail.

Another tip for gluing underwater is to sort of massage it on the place where your adhereing it too. This should allow more of the glue to work its way in to the rock pores and anchor itself. Once there appears to be enough glue to rock contact I hold it in place for about 2 mins. The hardest part is fending off the cleaner shrimp so he doesnt get his claws full of glue.

I use 2 of those magnets myself and swear by them. They are kind of expensive for what you get though and could probably DIY'ed for much less, like martin did. If you dont trust your diy skills though(and I don't) they are awesome.

Back