SW Newbie, Hey Guys

Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum

Help Support Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum:

the BRS one is for up to 120 gallon tanks and the TLF one is for 150 gallon tanks so they are suitable.

If you are looking into the BRS ones if you ever think of getting the dual reactor just get two redular one because the carbon and GFO have to have water going through at different speeds and that is sorta hard when you cant controll thw water going in to ecah chamber

i heard they arnt really needed.....i might pick one up later on though =P....also can you do like a double sump set up or is that no good? like unstead of a 50g sump have 2 20's or something

you could do 2-20's, but why? More plumbing, and pumps, and places to lose power or suction, or overflow, and also, you want to make sure there is enough room left in the sump, that if the tank loses power or whatever and starts to flow back into the sump it can handle the overflow, and iit can handle the refill & evap, & water change, & all that good stuff. So a 55, might not be a bad idea. And skimmerwhisperer is the man when it comes to skimmer stuff. for sure.

on the return plumbing a check/1 way valve is being installed to avoid flow backs. and i dont want 2 20's i was just wondering..... lol i know jebo is crap, i was looking on their site and theyre like 50 dollar skimmers......top of the line, yeah right......just wondering aswell have you ever used JEBO? im not getting that sump though, making my own and buying a decent skimmer because that tank used for that sump is only 15g.......rated for 150g my ass

as far as my budget goes? there really is none, im buying piece by piece starting with the sump stuff, heater, power heads so i can get the LR cycling, cycle for a month/month and a half then hopefully my lights will be bought so i can set those up then CUC then rest of the live stock, im not sure i want to start fish first or corals first.

Last edited:
Back