SWC vs Reef Octopus Extreme skimmer

Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum

Help Support Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum:

Mark mines is skimming like a champ. It is the 200 body. I got it from Luke when I started my 270g build.

I didnt say it COLDNT be done...
but a 4" neck can only take so much air, certainly not the 90scfh the askoll 1500 is capable of producing...65 scfh maybe...but the more air, the harder to control too.
have you tested your pump with an air meter to see what it draws??
I think luke does it, but with an extended neck and is only getting 65scfh.

I didnt say it COLDNT be done...
but a 4" neck can only take so much air, certainly not the 90scfh the askoll 1500 is capable of producing...65 scfh maybe...but the more air, the harder to control too.
have you tested your pump with an air meter to see what it draws??
I think luke does it, but with an extended neck and is only getting 65scfh.

I havn't gotten that fancy to where I need to buy an air meter. I can feel the air rushing out of the holes on the lid so I think it is pulling some serious air but don't know the true number without the air meter. Care to loan me yours :)? How ever Luke did send me a 3-4'' neck extension about 3 months ago and that helped out alot.

Anyhow OP Luke has great CS. If you are considering a skimmer purchase. I reccomend Luke at RF. He has sent me new screws and the neck extension free of charge. Great guy to deal with and in the USA.

Got the SWC 200 ordered form someone that has it in stock ( I asked first before clicking at to the cart) and should have it in a few days. I hope before the weekend I cant wait to play with a new toy.

Back