Switches

Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum

Help Support Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum:

Here's mine:

electricalandtopoff.jpg

Wow Nikki I like that!! I need to get all my wiring organized on both of my tanks That would be a great way to do it. I am ordering some of those asap...

Matt

110/120v

You can see a transformer (presumably a 12V output) plugged into the middle switch board.

what does that mean then?

The output of the switches is exactly like the wall outlets. A 12volt (output) transformer is the little black box with the plug prongs sticking out of it. They are commonly found on computer speakers, cell phone chargers, LED moon lights, etc.

If you look at Nikki's set up there is a low voltage transformer plugged into the switch module. They are 110v switch modules.

Don

The output of the switches is exactly like the wall outlets. A 12volt (output) transformer is the little black box with the plug prongs sticking out of it. They are commonly found on computer speakers, cell phone chargers, LED moon lights, etc.

Got it, thank you guys!

I was thinking on making a switch panel with one of those units using my own switches but they are 12v. Do you guys know where can I get nice lit 110v switches?

Last edited:
:lol:

Little known fact: Don got all pissed off one day when his pen wouldn't write upside down, so he invented the pressurized pen cartridge, that will even write in space. I just use a pencil.

J/K Don :) You have quite the set-up.

:lol:

Little known fact: Don got all pissed off one day when his pen wouldn't write upside down, so he invented the pressurized pen cartridge, that will even write in space. I just use a pencil.

J/K Don :) You have quite the set-up.

That was supposed to be a secret.:)

Don

Don, that looks cool, can please explain how does it work?

Its just a low voltage relay controlled power strip. See the db9 connector? It can be hooked to a bunch of switches (toggle, float optical whatever)or that automation control module pictured.

Don

Its just a low voltage relay controlled power strip. See the db9 connector? It can be hooked to a bunch of switches (toggle, float optical whatever)or that automation control module pictured.

Don

That's cool, where did you get it and how much did you pay for it?

Back