Switches

Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum

Help Support Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum:

Not to discourage you, but Don's setups typically require an extensive knowledge of electrical circuits and logic controlers. Not that any of it is really hard to understand, but a lot of reading and research would be required to design something like what he has.

I don't believe this is an off-the-shelf aquarium controller.

Not to discourage you, but Don's setups typically require an extensive knowledge of electrical circuits and logic controlers. Not that any of it is really hard to understand, but a lot of reading and research would be required to design something like what he has.

LOL that's exactly what I was thinking...

What I had in mind was use the AMERICAN DJ PC-100A, removed the switches, extend the cables and use my own switches in my custom panel.

switches.jpg

Last edited:
Are there any issues with moister or potential water dripping with these kind of setups. I assume that they are not water proof.

Thats why you don't put them in the tank! :lol:

Dude, if you put thoes switches in then you would have to be able to see the panel because thoes switches are pimp! :cool:

No way I'm not smart enough for all that techno babble. Everything on this is readily available. Its not a "aquarium controller" it is just a simple controller.
The reason I showed you the power module (just the black thing ignore the rest) was because your talking about a custom switch panel.
The ones your looking at will require you to extend a bunch 110v wiring this is not going to be a safe solution. With the power module you just put 8 or 9(if you want a master switch) switches in any box, connect them to a serial cable and the other end to the power module. There is another db9 on the other end of the module. You could use it for things like float switches.
So basicly the power module is your auto top off system, low level cut off and your power strip all in one. Ive got some feeding timer options and wave timer options that are easily added and nothing requires any automation controller.

Don

No way I'm not smart enough for all that techno babble. Everything on this is readily available. Its not a "aquarium controller" it is just a simple controller.
The reason I showed you the power module (just the black thing ignore the rest) was because your talking about a custom switch panel.
The ones your looking at will require you to extend a bunch 110v wiring this is not going to be a safe solution. With the power module you just put 8 or 9(if you want a master switch) switches in any box, connect them to a serial cable and the other end to the power module. There is another db9 on the other end of the module. You could use it for things like float switches.
So basicly the power module is your auto top off system, low level cut off and your power strip all in one. Ive got some feeding timer options and wave timer options that are easily added and nothing requires any automation controller.

Don

So there is no way I can accomplish the idea that I mentioned?

what are the specifications of the switches I would need besides 110/120v?

Last edited:
Back