T2 lights

Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum

Help Support Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum:

Artem

Hey everyone!

Im having a look at reef lighting and wanted to know what you guys think of using T2 lights? Its either T2s or LEDs for me(not enough room for metal halides) and the T2s will be cheaper for me unless they are unsuitable :)

Thanks in advance for any input :)

Hey Artem, tell us more about your system and T2 ? lighting. T12, T5, LED and halide we have alot to choose from here the U.S. market. I imported some T4 lighting from Korea 15 years ago but did not really take off in the U.S. What kind of wattage and Kelvin temps is available in T2 lamps ???

Todd

They look good to me.
10,000k and the matching actinic blue and your done.
Just get as many as you need to get the tank up to the light intensity you need for what you want to put in. and the nice thing about these being so small if you need more light you probably have room to add more.
On the down side when it comes to changing the bulbs at almost $10 each if you have 10 or 20 bulbs or more its going to start adding up. Although not really, considering most good bulbs are expensive.

Last edited:
from just a quick read of the link provided I could see these T2 lights being great for planted tanks as they dont need nearly as much light as a reef. I could defintily see the cost of bulb replacement vastly outweighing the energy savings with this type of a setup though. They are made by a quality company though (helios). personally I would look into the more commonly available lighting methods like TJL listed.

This all of course depends on the size of the tank that you plan to have setup as a reef. the smaller the tank the more I would lean toward this T2 lighting. say for instance they would be fantastic on a nano due to the very efficient compact size and thus you only have a couple bulbs to replace and they provide a ton of light in a small space.

Back