T5 Replacement Bulbs

Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum

Help Support Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum:

jaredpilot

I've been running the same setup of bulbs over the last 8 months or so. I'm not sure how old the bulbs are as I bought the setup used. I'm starting to see a bit more algae issues than previously and I'm wondering if replacing the bulbs would help? If so, what would you recommend? I'm running (4) 48" T5 bulbs currently, they run on timers for 7 hours a day.

I have liverock and fish only at this time but would like to keep my options open for the future. I enjoy a bluish color that I'm running. I believe I have a few aqua blue + and some actnic's.

Geismann and ATI, I'm told are the best. Any suggestions would be appreciated and also any suggestions on where to get the best deals from... My tank is a tall 160g tank. 4' wide x 4' tall....

I'm on the road at the moment but I'm running two cheap ballast systems to run the lights. I can't recall the name off the top of my head..

Jared,

It is a good place to start...T5 bulbs should last 12-18 months depending who you talk to. :)

I have found reefgeek with the best prices for T5 bulbs..I use Geismann Actinic 03 bulbs on my setup.

Jared,

It is a good place to start...T5 bulbs should last 12-18 months depending who you talk to. :)

I have found reefgeek with the best prices for T5 bulbs..I use Geismann Actinic 03 bulbs on my setup.

Thanks, I'll look into replacing my 4 bulbs soon. Are you running all Actinic 03 bulbs or do you mix them up? I was thinking of adding two Actinic and then two Aqua Blue +.

Keep in mind, I have no corals at this time and I was under the impression that I couldn't have any corals unless I improved my lights to a stronger system..

Back