Talk about luck

Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum

Help Support Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum:

dmbfreek

The story goes, I ordered some sps coral frags and other stuff. On my original order, I said deliver it to my house address, then a few days later I called and told them to deliver to my work address just to be safe. They told me to send them an email with the work address and they would ship there instead, so I did. I got to work and my boss told me that I was to travel to Sunnyside, WA. I was a little upset because I wanted to be there when the package arrived but duty called, so I had to go. I told everyone there that I was expecting a package and to put it somewhere safe. Later in the day I got a call from my wife, she said that she had to take the rest of the day off because my son got sent home from school because he had the flu. Later she called me and told me that my coral was just dropped off at my house:eek:. The company screwed up and shipped to my house instead of my work. So I wonder, what would've happened to the coral if my son didn't get sick at school. There would've been a box of coral on my front porch in 30 degree, rainy weather for about 6 hours. Anyway the coral are all in my tank now and everything appears to be fine. I'll post some picks tomorrow once the lights come on. Just thought I would share my lucky story.:)

That's nuts!!! Glad the corals are safe and sorry to hear the little one is sick:doubt: Hope he gets well soon:)

maybe your email was not recived or not viewed
mabey a call to the company and an a query in to what shipping adress they had down for the package

haha, my son is always getting stuff but maybe this one calls for something special lol. The shipping co was Fed Ex but the package had my work name and my home address on it. I guess maybe I confused them when I called to change the address. I got an email confirming the shipping address (my work) but someone must have gotten confused. Oh well I'm just glad it all worked out and everything is fine. Oh yeah I'd do business with the same co again, maybe just give them my work address and keep it that way.

Better get that kid his OWN 150G reef tank for his room !!! LOLOLOL !!!
Good to hear you had a better outcome. Hope the kid feels better, too !

similar think happened to me when i purchased my dwarf lionfish, the delivery was postponed and i had to go on 2 week vacation. i asked my neighbour to pick up the package and deliver it to a pet shop next to my house. since the mail order company messed up ,i got moneyback ,but i lost the shipping fees ,since they do not refund s+h. but this was drs foster an smith and i like them,they are very nice. sorry your son got sick hope he is doing wll. glad it worked out ok. jakleen

Back