tamato clown disappeared. Seriously! He's Gone!!!

Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum

Help Support Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum:

billaweed

Stumped Irishman
as of last night My tomato clown has been missing. I checked all the tubes and pipes and no sign of him. He's not belly up and I cant see him under any rocks. Plus the floor is clear, I dont think he can jump anyway because the waters too low from the top.

any ideas? Did my anemone eat him?lol
the only other fish I have is a yellow damsel, but the tomato clown was way aggressive towards it so I dont think he killed him.

my biggest crab is an Electric Blue Crab. Its decent size but i couldnt imagin it eating a tomato clown. Do you think he could have?

possibly the overflow. sometimes they sleep towards the top of the tank right next to the overflow and get sucked into the sump

Definately check the over flow! It is also possible that it died and your clean up crew took care of it.

My tomato clown will go renegade at times and just comes out when i feed. That may seem obvious, but I just thought I'd make a suggestion.
Have you tested your water parameters? I noticed your other thread about some corals not looking too good. With a missing fish (possibly dead) and corals that aren't happy I'd be worried about water quality personally.

My tomato clown will go renegade at times and just comes out when i feed. That may seem obvious, but I just thought I'd make a suggestion.
Have you tested your water parameters? I noticed your other thread about some corals not looking too good. With a missing fish (possibly dead) and corals that aren't happy I'd be worried about water quality personally.

well I tested for ammonia, nitrate, and nitrite and all is well. I've looked everywhere for this fish. he's not in my sump nor the hose from the overflow. I've also looked under all the rocks. could something have gobbled him up that quick? I saw him yesterday morning, but last night is when I noticed him gone. and there is nothing in my tank that could eat him without leaving some of the body behind. I'm sure hes gotta be in there somewhere, its just odd that I cant find him. Mind Boggling I tell ya!!!!!!!:?:

I had a dwarf lion die during the night and the next morning all that I found was a pile of snails and crabs.

The other time I lost a new clown. My porcy puffer seemed a little too full not to have something to due with it.

I had a six line wrasse that used to disappear for days at a time. He did it twice. He'd just be gone, once for 4 days, once for 6. My tank was only a 38g, so there weren't that many places to hide, but he did it somehow. You'd be surprised how well hidden things can become in there.

I lost a blenny overnight once....no sign of it whatsoever. I thought that it was attacked by a CB shrimp that I had, and later was finished off by my cleanup crew.

I had a six line wrasse that used to disappear for days at a time. He did it twice. He'd just be gone, once for 4 days, once for 6. My tank was only a 38g, so there weren't that many places to hide, but he did it somehow. You'd be surprised how well hidden things can become in there.

Well if he is hiding he will have a suprise when he comes out since i just bought the two new fish and the big clarkii is taking over the anemone..lol. I'm not really depressed that the tomato is gone because he attacked everything, just odd that he is MIA.. know what I mean.

Have you looked in all of the live rock? Sometimes they get up in there in a small hole or something and die. Or.... maybe it is stuck in a tube or something. Wierd! Name your fish Harry Houdinni.

My little clownfish "Floatie" swims at the top near the overflow and got sucked in. He was missing for 5 days. Looked in there several times and didnt see him. Finally my fish guy found him in there while he was doing a water change. "Floatie" is fine but we did put gutter netting on the top of the overflow.

Back