tang club

Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum

Help Support Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum:

burning2nd

LOl i was just reading i a thread and then realized that im "Now" in the tang club as i have a very healthy happy scopus tang were did that thread go...Im Idk what to say i mean i can hack programs get around a pc with eaz but i cant find that one

Can you tell on a naso if it will have streamers when it small like 4 inches? Just wondering if or when you can tell if it’s a streamer or not.

Can you tell on a naso if it will have streamers when it small like 4 inches? Just wondering if or when you can tell if it’s a streamer or not.

I got a blonde once that doesnt really have streamers yet, but you could clearly see it's forming. It was about 5" until it got ich from another fish. I think its usually over 6"-7" that you could see streamers usually if I'm not mistaken

ok ok wait a min... there was a crab hater squad.. and a "tang police" ive made a smokie mistake.

but there should be a tang club tho

Lol I'm still new to this so please bear with me. I have a hippo in an established tank and would like to add a yellow as well. Heard to keep multiple tangs should add at same time. Would it be best to just keep one or ok to add

I have a hippo in an established tank and would like to add a yellow as well. Heard to keep multiple tangs should add at same time. Would it be best to just keep one or ok to add

That is the general rule but there are plenty that break that rule (me included) over and over hahaha.

You can successfully keep tangs together..I have the same combo..a blue hippo and a yellow...best if you try to get them to be close in size though..
There are certain tangs that cant be kept together in tight quarters...purple tang and yellow tang...they have the same body shape..dont mix unless its a very large tank..

my understanding is that it has everything to do with the body shape...
there of course ,are exceptions...each tang has its own personality...
ex..most say the yellow tang is a bully...mine is very timid...
ex.most say blue hippo is timid....mine is more dominant..

just my 2 cents and I am by no means an expert...hope that helps!:D

oh yeah..im busted...lol
please dont get me tang police..the tangs are Fat and happy..:badgrin::badgrin::badgrin::badgrin::

You are busted Shane!!! Not as bad as me though:badgrin::badgrin::badgrin:. I had a PBT and a chevron in a 40b but hey they were well fed and fat and still are fat and well fed in thier new big home.

Just like people each fish has a different personality and natural instict or in this case fishonailty hahaha. I know lame huh! We know what the fish is capable of but will it act on its capabilty? We know what can happen and chances are high but will it? We don't know until it is in the situation? When I introduced my chevron into my old 40b with the established PBT a couple years ago. The chevron got beat up pretty bad for the 1st 24hr and now they are good with each other in the 270g. My achilles and PBT would get into it here and there but nothing major. The Chevron always break up the fight anyhow.

I agree that you can keep more then one tang in a tank. You have to consider all the angles as much as you can because each individual fish can also be different in its personality and aggressive behavior. When I purchased my tangs I did not totally do it on looks or a cretin type. I picked a bunch that I liked and slowly reduced it down to 6. There were many reasons I like ones that I took off the list but in my research I figured they would not be good candidates for a multiple tang tank for one reason or another, temperament or to similar shape or something. The list of tangs I have are as follows and they all seem to get along just fine. I have more aggressive stuff from my breading male 3 line damsel fish then any of the tangs.
Blue hippo
Bristle tooth tomini
Scopes
Vlamingi naso
Yellow eye kole
Blonde naso

This list may not work for everyone but I tried to also build a tank that would make tangs feel safe and still have lots of room to roam and even the biggest, vlamingi has places to hid, even when he gets to 1.5 feet long he will still have a place to get into. This is an important consideration when having tangs. They all have to have some place to hide to feel comfortable IMO.

Agreed with everything said so far. To me, it comes down to what kinda tang and when you add them.

there are some that are extremely aggressive: PBT and Purple tang come to mind.

These would be added last to any system. If not able to add last, then add them in combination with other tangs otherwise you will have some bullies in your tank.

i love tangs also currently have a blue and orange shoulder . planning on adding a bariene and a dussmier.

Have passed on the Purple tang as read the are flat mean! Have a CB butterfly that will be a pansy no matter how big he gets lol.

Stupid question for NC2WA, how do you get your fish to pose and stay still for your pics? LOL Very nice, mine are all camera shy...except the maroon clowns

Back