tang club

Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum

Help Support Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum:

A really good camera can help. I just have an all in one with some nice features but I think it’s a lot of luck unless you have a fish like my Vlamingi. That guy wants to have his picture taken. If I get the camera out for any reason, he gets in the way every time and just sits there and watches what I’m doing.

b_224716.jpg

b_224712.jpg

Here is when he was just a little squirt! How cute is that?

b_180933.jpg

Steve,

As ac7av says good camera does help, but even better is a long telephot lens that you can stay 20 ft back from the front of the tank.

(they never know you are there, well at least for my fish)

:):):)

So that’s how you do it. I will give it a try later. I have a pretty good zoom on this camera 28mm – 432mm. Hay Hay, I just checked it out and at full zoom I can still focus from 10 feet away. That’s so cool, man I’m definitely getting out the tripod later to see what I can do with it.

I have a sailfin tang in my 55 gallon. I'd love to add another tang but afraid the 55 is not big enough for two. Maybe a hippo or pbt.

pblutang,

You are correct.. Personally, If the 55g is the only tank you have, then I feel a 55g is too small for any tang , but if you are plan on moving to a larger tank eventually then OK for short term.

I would stick with one tang in your case. A PBT is next to the purple tang for being one of the more aggressive tangs.

NC2WA,

That's what I thought. I'm good with 1 for now. I'll be getting a bigger system down the road for sure. My Sailfin has a lot of personality and always hungry. He'll eat from my hand and let me pet him. Kind of cool. He broke out in ich a couple of weeks after I got him and he healed up on his own. Got a cleaner shrimp and it worked for me with no meds. I would have been really bummed if anything happened to that fish.

Back