Tang Tank Mates

Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum

Help Support Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum:

reefbobc

Looking for some ideas. In my tank there are a pair of clowns that have their nem to keep them occupied. I also have a blue tang that hangs out most of the time by itself. It tries to interact with the clowns but they don't really like to leave their nem. What in your experience are some good tankmates for blue tangs that they can interact with.

What size tank do you have? That may hinder some tank mates that would go with it. Right now I have a purple tang, yellow tang, tennant tang, tomini tang, humu humu trigger, two true percs, coral beauty, rabbit fish, two maroon clowns, pipefish, mandarin, chalk basslet, and a starry blenny all in the same tank. They all get along just fine. Hopefully this will give you some ideas on tank mates though...Michael (returnofsid) used to have a atlantic blue I believe, maybe he will be able to chime in on this a little more...

reefbobc,

I have to agree with the 'what size tank do you have' reply.

i have 3 tangs (blonde naso, kole, and purple tang) in a 375g tank and dont have an issue, but I have the space that most people do not have.

IME, Kole and Naso tangs are peaceful and most likely will adapt to your blue tang.

I'm in Bothell, and if you want to get some ideas, you are more than welcome to swing by and check out my tank.

just let me know
Kirk

I'd agree with Kirk on the Naso and I'd like to put in a vote for Sailfin Tangs. I have a Red Sea Desjardini Sailfin and he's as mellow as a fish can be. He chills with the Foxface quite a bit and has only an occasional scrap with my Yellow Tang. Really beautiful fish and very mellow.

Mike

Back