Tank Building DIY

Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum

Help Support Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum:

Kyle9021

I've been seriously considering building my own cube nano tank. I'd kinda like it to be an all-in-one or drilling it (myself). I've done small things with acrylic and glass but nothing quite as big as this. Does anyone have any suggestions? I'd like to have the tank be a max of 25 gallons. I'm just worried that I might be biting off more than I can chew, but I love projects to keep me occupied during the winter. :) Thanks!

I was also thinking about doing the same thing. It's a great idea. I have seen a build thread for a guy that built one out of a very small (5 gallons, I think) tank. He put in a divider. Sorry, I can't find a link to it off hand. But it was either here or another site. Let me know if you can't find it and I'll try to dig it up. It was a good thread.

I made my own 25 gallon 24"x24"x14" rimless cube out of glass. Here are some pictures:

101109Frag1.jpg

101109Frag3.jpg

101109Frag2.jpg

Lots more information on that in my build thread (just click on my user name and go to "my webpage").

Just out of curiosity Taqpol how much did it end up costing you? And since youre in pullman did you buy the glass at sims?

Thanks for the link Jake I'll take a look!

I think it was ~$150 from Sims Glass (I've always used them for cut glass) and a $14 glass hole saw. For what its worth there is a glass shop in Royal City/Othello (ask RF member Royal Reef about them) that would probably be able to do the same thing for 1/2 to 3/4 the cost.

I'm really tired of drilling glass holes right now, but I would definitely help you put the tank together if you decided to go this route. I really like making tanks.

Taqpol that would be amazing. I'll look into the royal city thing. I really want to try this. I love your desgin btw.

Glass shop

Taqpol that would be amazing. I'll look into the royal city thing. I really want to try this. I love your desgin btw.

Actually the glas shop is in moses lake and I can get you the glass is really cheap I go to Pullman Frequently and I can buy the glass for you, so you can save some on the gas. Also I havent forgot about the frags that I promise i just that I have been really busy and I dont want to frag anything until I have my 155GL tank finish but i will do it as soon I get this done. And good luck building your cube. :D

Back