Tank flow

Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum

Help Support Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum:

Kingumar

What would be considered good flow for a 90gal sps/lps dominated tank?
I am in the process of setting one up and wanted to know what equipment would be necessary.
I was thinking about 2x Tunze Turbelle nanostream 6045(Flow rate: 4,500 l/h (1,189 US gal./h), and the return flow from the sump is from a mag7

Is this enough or any better ones?
Thanks

depends on do you want controllable flow?
that sounds good when live stock is small (corals) as things grow out you can always add more to the mix.

tunzes are great for what you pay for them.... I love mine changing them up to new models thought.

well i would like controllable but that gets expensive i think.
On low budget, i found these for $50 somewhere and i was wondering if they are best for what i require.
I also have a Koralia evo but idk if that will be any help.

Is there a controllable kit for cheap?

I am in the process of setting one up and wanted to know what equipment would be necessary.
I was thinking about 2x Tunze Turbelle nanostream 6045(Flow rate: 4,500 l/h (1,189 US gal./h), and the return flow from the sump is from a mag7

Thanks

I would say no, that is not enough for a sps/lps tank.
I use a pair of 6055's on a tank 1/2 that size.

Thanks

i have 1 6045 in my 20g zoa/lps tank. :)

for a 4" 90g, i would think of using maybe 2 of these(tunze 6125)
http://premiumaquatics.com/aquatic-supplies/T6125_000.html

that would give you about 65x or so...

As long as one of the bigger Tunzes have been mentioned, how about a pair of the
6105's with a 7095 controller?
I have that setup on my softy tank and I absolutely love the silent operation, and the variety of flows and relatively small size.

well that would get a little expensive for me.
what about if i change that and go with 2 Koralia 6 Magnum which i think is 2,200gph ea pump and then add another one with little less power, would that do?

well, the koralias are no where near the quality of the tunze pumps, and tunze customer service is the best...

but that being said, why would you get 2 magnum 6's @ $87 each, and not just get 2 magnum 8's @ $107 each??

that would at least get you to 65x for about $214,
and sps need da flowz, rite??

but i would emplore you to get the better quality tunze pumps now, instead of getting the schwag pumps over and over again...

My 75gal had about 5,000 gph and my 38 gal had close to 4,000 gph. Even my little 24gal aquapod had 3 maxijets along with a tunze nano stream LOL! Your corals will love you for it :)

Back