Tank for a year--still a beginner

Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum

Help Support Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum:

what lorrie said...sps you need high lighting with lots and lots of water movement...with no flucuation of water parameters...

Quick question--so, I have.... well, now HAD a couple blue mushrooms in my tank along the bottom that had been doing great. A couple days ago I noticed both looking a little pouty and thought that it may have been the light having just switched on, but after a couple hours, they still looked rather pathetic. (I should have taken a picture in hindsight). Well, now both of them are totally gone--like they shrank all the way up and were chopped off at the stem. There is just a shred of each left. I tested my water (I can only do pH, KH, and the nitrates). All were normal--pH was 8.0, KH was 7gtts (in the past it has always been 9), and nitrates were 0 (super bright yellow).

Any thoughts on what might have caused that?

Everything else in the tank is totally normal and looking great.

Thanks!

And another question-- about clown fish. They are pretty quirky creatures with odd habits it seems from the ones we have had. Regardless, I totally love them! But anyway, every now (I have a mated pair) one will do this weird vibrating thing that looks like a seizure! Sometimes it will be up against something, and other times just swimming around. And it's with both of them. Is this normal?

I believe its normal. Not sure if it is a mating or nesting thing or what. I'v seen mine do it sometimes.

Quick question--so, I have.... well, now HAD a couple blue mushrooms in my tank along the bottom that had been doing great. A couple days ago I noticed both looking a little pouty and thought that it may have been the light having just switched on, but after a couple hours, they still looked rather pathetic. (I should have taken a picture in hindsight). Well, now both of them are totally gone--like they shrank all the way up and were chopped off at the stem. There is just a shred of each left. I tested my water (I can only do pH, KH, and the nitrates). All were normal--pH was 8.0, KH was 7gtts (in the past it has always been 9), and nitrates were 0 (super bright yellow).

Any thoughts on what might have caused that?

Everything else in the tank is totally normal and looking great.

Thanks!

Back