tank is a month old

Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum

Help Support Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum:

trashman

hello i have a 75 set up and i am starting to put stuff in it i have some acans, zoas, 2 clownfish, a pincushion sea urchin, emerald crabs and turbo snails. what i am looking for is peoples input on what else might go nice in it with the inhabitants that i already have.

4 bulb t5, i have the return comming up in the middle aimed to each side and i have 2 hydro 2 powerheads one on each side. i will always have my eye on more corals but my main thing now is to get some fish in it to.

I'd hold off on adding any more corals for a while.
What kind of fish do you like?

Do you have a "Want List" of fish? Be sure to really research each fish BEFORE making any purchases. We all fall into the trap of buying something, and then finding out it's not really appropriate for our system. Learn all you can about each fish, it's dietary needs, hardiness, fish companion needs, reef "safeness," adult size, etc. Then you'll be making an informed purchase, and be a lot happier in the long run. If you don't have a QT tank set up, now would be the time to start thinking about one. A Rubbermaid tote, with a heater, power head and a couple 2" PVC fittings will work, though a small glass tank will work better, to allow you to inspect the fish daily, for any signs of problems.

Your lighting will probably limit you to Soft corals, LPS and maybe some of the lower light demanding SPS corals. If you jumped up to the 6 bulb Tek5 fixture, with individual reflectors, you'd be able to keep anything you want.

no want list nothing to specific on what kind of fish just want to make sure they are safe to my corals and other fish.

i like alot of fish that i can not have in my tank because of the corals i have in it because they are not reef safe. as for what i want my tank to look like i have that figured out i have pretty much all the corals i need but i'm sure i will find a few more. the thing is whenever i see a fish i like it is not reef safe or it says it will be ok but then someone will tell me that is a lie. the reason i started a sw tank is because i like all the nice colors you get with the fish and corals. in the long run i guess if people have reef tanks and have fish that have done well in them then those are the fish i want to research and maybe invest in.

Check into some of these fish:

Longnose hawkfish/ or others

Clowns of course (There are a million styles including designer ORA styles)

Anthias (many different types and colors)

Pyramid butterfly

gobies

Back