• Home - Office

Votes: 13 9.6%
  • Offsite - Office

Votes: 1 0.7%
  • Other

Votes: 4 3.0%

• Total voters

NaH2O

Where is your display tank located? For those that have more than one tank in multiple locations, then vote for the location where your favorite tank is (the tank that gives you the most enjoyment out of viewing and working on).

Also, if you could do it again would you keep your tank where it's at, or would you change the location? If you really wanted to put the tank somewhere else, but couldn't (for whatever circumstance), then where was that location?

My living/family room is my basement, or downstairs as we call it.

I wouldnt change a thing regarding its location.

I put basement on the poll, because some people have basements separate from their family/living room (playrooms, workout rooms, etc). Our basement (if we ever finish it), won't really be our main family room.

My tank is located in the family room. I really like where it is. Not only do we see it in the family room, but when working at the kitchen island I can see the tank, too.

I would change things around with where the 200g is. We don't have a lot of wall space so it makes it hard. Also the Nano is need of being moved to around the corner of where it's at then it will be officially in the living room. Maybe Michael will get that done today...yeah right....LOL

My tank is in the basement. We sort of use it as a room divder seperating my mom shop where she does nails, and the wieght room that no one uses.

If i could do it again i would like it in my room as our landury room is on the other side and i could use it as a fish room.

But my mom wont let me rip that wall out so, If i do upgrade i would really like to set up a 8x4x2 peninsula style and have it in the same spot downstairs. Or do coast to coast acroos the back and make it an inwall and make the wieght room a FISH room:badgrin::badgrin:

Last edited:
My 300 is in the basement, the floor is concrete, therefore leading to easier cleanups in case the inevitable happens. It is much cooler down there in the summer so I don't have many heat issues, the hottest my tank got was 83 this summer. I do have to use heaters though.

Family/Living room. I have a 65 gallon reef and a 55 freshwater in my living room and I have my 125 walkaround reef in my Family room. (that's what I call it. A place for everyone to sit and watch tv). So I always watch tv and during the advertisement, I'll watch my tank. :), 29 gallon, 10 gallon fresh tank in my room and soon to be a 5 gal. dwarf seahorse in my room.

10gl nano in my home office, since thats where i'm at most of the time. when my 55gl was up it was in the living room, there was not enugh room in my office for it.

I would change things around with where the 200g is. We don't have a lot of wall space so it makes it hard. Also the Nano is need of being moved to around the corner of where it's at then it will be officially in the living room. Maybe Michael will get that done today...yeah right....LOL

Oh that's funny!!

To answer the original question, which tank? We have 3. EVENTUALLY, one will be in our living room, and 2 will be in our "computer room." Hmm, that's how it currently is, just the wrong tanks in the wrong spots.

J-Mac and I have currently have three tanks up and running:

30-gallon custom AIO SPS tank in the "western parlor". This room has our main house entrance and did not get used much until I set up our first tank in this room.

30-gallon Oceanic cube tank in the Family Room. We are hoping that someday soon we will have a family larger than just the two of us. We spend allot of time in this room as this is where we have our TV and PC. This winter, we hope to get our currently empty 75-gallon RR tank up and running. It is currently an empty room divider.

40-gallon breeder SPS tank in the (unheated) garage. This is the newest of the tanks and has been up and running for a couple months. It is the home of a bunch of acros and some chalices.

When I got back into reefing in September of 2008, I did not intend to have three separate boxes of saltwater. But here we are, with three tanks and one more just waiting to be set up.

Gary and Julia

I said family room but lets be clear on this.

I have two family rooms, one up and one down. Also my office is right off the family room where I am pretty close to the tank.

So the official answer for us would be basement / family room / Home Office.

Thank God we combined all the tanks into the 300 of this would be even harder to answer.

I guess you could have added one in every room.

I answered office because well the DT is in the office but the guts of the system is in the garage. So I guess I'm in 2 areas. I also didn't have any heat issues this past summer heat wave. My tank got only up to 83 degrees when it was 110 outside. I had to shut off the 400w halides though.

I said other, as mines in the man cave.

Good to see ya on here Nikki. I'm on good behavior. I promise.

I have three tanks in my family room and one in the dining room. I wouldn't change where they are located, but I would change the size of one of the tanks in the family room from 55gal to a 75 gal bowfront.

Pic was taken before BRA's anniversary sale that filled things up quite a bit but here's a pic of where I have mine. Just a lean away :)

Back