Tank Picture

Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum

Help Support Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum:

Moded the one from Eric and Mojo,Went to the Asian market in TacomaI purchased all Raw non chemical:ShrimpOysters and Oyster eggsClamsRoasted Seaweed (6 sheets) per batchSquid and OctopusFresh Salmon de-skinned (I caught)MuslesALL OF THIS IS FRESH AND RAW!!!Additives:All Brightwell ( that's what I had) all concentrated. Garlic PowerVit CVit MPotassium Max AminoA table spoon of each, mixed in with the blending process at different times for saturation. I make mine according to my tank, I have mixture of SPS, LPS, and softies plus fish and inverts so I added portions to match everyone's needs with over feeding or over chemical my tank. I feed only once a day outside of the veggie clip for the tang and feeding time is later in the day say 6-7pm. I found that there is still food suspended in the tank so once the light go out my Vortecs kick up and stir up the tank then settles down, this allows the corals, shrimp, and snails, and crabs to eat. My tank levels are:CHECKED YESTERDAYNit 0ppmPhos 0ppmAmm 0.1ppmCal 410Alk 8.5Mag 1340Ph 8.15-8.25Salinity 1.24-1.25All other parameters are within limits. I also make my own Oyster feast which I feed once a week. The main food I make once done fills two large zip lock bags which a lay flat In the freezer and brake as needed daily. The Oyster feast I make enough to say 6oz and keep it refrigerated. It won't keep long because there's no additives so small batches is all I make. I'm heavy on the shrimp, oysters, clams but very light on the squid and salmon and octopus for iodine concerns and I use arms not body main body parts of the squid and octo. PM and your welcome to a sample of the food (small zip bag full) to sample if you like to. Total cost $29 for EVERYTHING!!! And I've made enough for that I gave half away and instill have half a bag. And those who are using it are having success also.

Everything looks fantastic..can't wait to see what you will do with your solana..it will be great for sure!!there is so much growth..your feedings work...Darryl was so kind and shared some of his food with me and my fish and corals love it too..

I like to keep a certain type of softies in, they seem to be a nice "Early Warning System" if certain parameters are off.

Great Tank

Very nice looking tank Darryl. I'm jealous. Just bought some commercialized prepared food and was thinking maybe I should've made some myself. Keep the photos coming and thanks for the cheato again

Very nice looking tank Darryl. I'm jealous. Just bought some commercialized prepared food and was thinking maybe I should've made some myself. Keep the photos coming and thanks for the cheato again

Back