Tank pump control and maybe more...

Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum

Help Support Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum:

I am always amazed of how you guys come up with this stuff, I must admit I don't understand any of it. So I'm a simple guy. But man one day if love to learn. I like how you tied it all into the power surge unit. That was an awesome idea. Great job man. Interested to see how your going to case it

HTC EVO

Got a little stepper motor off ebay for under 5 dallors, looks like it will work great for a fish feeder. I'll play with it later as I'm working on a ph probe pcb board. my first try my top and bottom pads were off a bit when I drilled the holes. Your controller is really coming along and is keeping me motivated. I'll keep following along but as my first attemp at something like this I'm moving along alot slower than most. A side note I think I'm running out of pins , anybody try the two pin lcd display?

Got a little stepper motor off ebay for under 5 dallors, looks like it will work great for a fish feeder. I'll play with it later as I'm working on a ph probe pcb board. my first try my top and bottom pads were off a bit when I drilled the holes. Your controller is really coming along and is keeping me motivated. I'll keep following along but as my first attemp at something like this I'm moving along alot slower than most. A side note I think I'm running out of pins , anybody try the two pin lcd display?

Thanks, keep at it and post pics of your build =] I have looked into the 2 wire but only because I was looking and making a control module for my controller away from the rest of the boards, but if I do that I might as well just use a buss control like the Apex system uses. what arduino are you using? I have a Mega 2560 so plenty of pins for me.

I'm useing the Duemilanove but may get the Mega if I run out of pins. will post pic when i redo the pcb board for the PH probe.

Well I finaly ordered a Real Time Clock so now I can add a stepper motor for dosing or feeding if I want. Also I can now control lights or really anything I want to only run at set times of the day now. In the end I have the Ethernet, SD, LCD, RTC, 6 Relays, 3 pots, 4 menu buttons, PH probe, temp probe and a few other things going. I'm running out of pins.

I can't belive you are running out of pins. I've got the Mega comming but I think I'll keep working on the two wire lcd. I have the PH board made up waiting on the probe to try. Where did you pick up your board? I have more than 25 dallors in parts in my DIY board. One more question if I may, what are you useing the sd card for? Like the videos

I can't belive you are running out of pins. I've got the Mega comming but I think I'll keep working on the two wire lcd. I have the PH board made up waiting on the probe to try. Where did you pick up your board? I have more than 25 dallors in parts in my DIY board. One more question if I may, what are you useing the sd card for? Like the videos

Yeah I keep adding things and slowly taking them all up. I have a way to add more if I need but it wont be easy. I'm using the 4 wire but should convert to the 2 wire, maybe. The pH board I have came from here Atlas-Scientific pH If you order one DO NOT solder the pins or bend them... that is how I broke one. Also this board has a built in calibration function that you use via a serial communication. I use the SD card to hold the HTML header and footer information for the web interface. I have plans on also using it to log PH swings as well.

coming together...
normal_2012-10-24_23-05-21_767.jpg

normal_2012-10-24_23-03-33_227.jpg

I got it all closed up and running the power heads in the tank and monitoring temp /ph... I have found a few things I want to change in the programming... I want to add a few different types of surge mode. I wand a day and night mode and also a random mode. I also need to get it out mounted and start logging pH data. I found after I calibrated my probe that my pH was LOW (7.6). I got it to 8 but having issues going over 8. Time to tine tune it.

Well I finely got time to mount the controller, and thought I would throw up a few pics. I still want to edit the program a little and that will be easy with my external programing port.

Controller on the door, and power strip on the inside of the stand.
2012-11-04_19-44-44_59.jpg

Full sump.... controller is running EVERYTHING
2012-11-04_19-45-02_117.jpg

AND.... The Tank, Im working on adding some 20k MH lights to help the coral color up.
2012-11-04_19-46-02_522.jpg

Well I went ahead and ordered 2 20k MH's and sockets(should be here soon). I plan on ripping apart my current lighting fixture to add the MH to it. I also what the MH controlled by the controller and to do this I need to add a SSR to the ballast. Ill update more later.

normal_2012-11-11_19-54-29_954.jpg

normal_2012-11-11_19-54-37_175.jpg

Well since this I used a different ballast but I am working on programing the controller to run the timing for the MH lights. After adding the MH lights the tank growth has went crazy though.

I am so impressed, and envious with the controller you have been working on.
Great job!!
Dont forget to clear the table before your wife and kids return.

Thanks, I like it and it has done everything I wanted plus I can always add on if I want. Yeah the wife would kill me if I left it that way lol

Back