Tank Shots!

Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum

Help Support Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum:

SaltyTemple

So I know that I've been quite out of the forum for a while, but I miss you all! Saturday I had the opportunity to hit the Shark Reef for some new LR so yesterday was "Re-aquascape day!"

We started tearing down by pulling all of our corals down and putting them in bins, then we pulled out much of the LR.

Once we got the leftover hermit and snail shells out (we had a rogue mantis for a year or so) we were ready to start over.

It took 13 hours but I think it was worth the time!

First batch of pics are the "before" shots

Last edited:
And finaly just some pretty shots that I wanted to show :D

Attachments

• Hammer.jpg
    Hammer.jpg
    39.1 KB
Wow I have to say the same! Very cool! Thanks for posting!
Umm...I have a rouge mantis, 13 hrs. Hummm how big is your tank ?

Last edited:
The mantis was caught with the soda/bucket trick! (Worked like a freaking charm!) We thought we'd killed him for a few minutes, but no - he revived in some tank water. So he's not pleased at the moment...

The main tank is 125 gallons (which is what you all have seen), but we also have a 55 adjoining fuge and 30(ish) sump...

I want to post one last thing for those just getting started...

The first picture is when we first set up :)

O.K. I have to learn the the soda/bucket trick for sure!
It's a little type mantis and so far I like him but I don't really want him in my only display tank. He/She has not done damage yet except to overturn some snails but.....well you see where this could go.

Stacked with no fear! ha ha, Personally I don't have the steel will it takes to make that work, it's all my husband :)

WOW!!! Your tank looks awesome!!! I must say that rock really looks good. Thanks for making the trip out and posting some pics.

Back