Tank Swap

Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum

Help Support Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum:

Ohgee

Hello Everyone,

Just thought I would start a new thread to show the progress of a major tank change out that I will be going through in the next couple weeks. :oops:

A little background, About 1 1/2 years ago I had just met the infamous Charlie :D We were just getting to know each other and my exsisting tank decided to spring a major leak over night. He happened to have a 150gal Tenecor sitting in storage that he made me a hell of a deal on. It can be seen in background of one of the pictures.

Long story short, I didn't really set it up right to begin with due to time restraints and my own lack of knowledge.

Anyway over time and maybe the lack of proper leveling the tank has sprung a leak and I'm tired of cleaning up wet carpet. So I am now moving everything over to the 125gal AGA that has been sitting in garage since intial disaster.

Attached are a few pictures of the start of the process.

CL is going to be supplied by an AM3K with an over the top Calfo style manifold. Sump will be a 55gal with a return pump being a Mag18.

Cabinets and hood are being built as we speak and should be done shortly. Thank God for brothers who have started thier own cabinetry manufacturing company :D

Anyway if you all are interested then I'll continue to post the process as it moves along. And anyone interested in lending a hand then come on over Sunday June 4th and join the fun and festivities. :)

Duane

Very cool man! Looks like a great start. I'll be looking forward to updated pics of your progress and wish you all the best:)

Thanks Krish,
I'll keep you all up to date, going to be fun and a learning experience for all involved. Sounds like there is going to be a few of us involved. Beer, Brauts, and Bulletts :D

Have to refer to it from here on out as BBB

I'll stick around for the beer and the Brauts, but shouldn't the last one wait a bit?????:D :D :D
I don't think your neighbors have that good of a sense of humor, and I know the cops don't.:lol: :lol:

LMBO you do have a point there, but the bullets will come eventually. Unless we can find someone smarter than us that wants to take on the project of cleaning and resealing the tank. :(

Don't think I would wish that on anyone.

Duane

I would say somewhere around noon and BBQ sometime around 4pm. So if you want to assist sometime before 4 and if you want to eat and visit then anytime at all.

I'm going to be real easy on this one. I should have water in it and ready to begin move by Sunday. Going to be looking for a 55gal tank I can drill and section off for a sump between now and then. Looks like it is going to have to be a new purchase instead of a used. :(

honestly though I will be up and around anytime after 8 am and working from there. So show up when you get around.

Duane

With the AM3k and actually not alot of head, pump is only about 1.5' below return, I'm hoping for about 500 gpm from each nozzle. I've had it running in the garage for about a week and all the particles in dirty tank were suspended.

They were actually pretty iratic. I'm hoping that once the rock is in place it will make it even more random. I didn't glue the nozzles so I can adjust direction as needed.

Duane

May I ask why glue them, This way you could randomly change flow with just a turn. I making the same on my 160's and talking to Calfo he recommended that they not be glued for that reason. Just a thought.

Ohgee said:
I didn't glue the nozzles so I can adjust direction as needed.

Duane

You are absolutely right, wouldn't want to glue so you could adjust. must have miss read sentence. Granted my english isn't the best but ..... :D

Ohgee said:
LMBO you do have a point there, but the bullets will come eventually. Unless we can find someone smarter than us that wants to take on the project of cleaning and resealing the tank. :(

Don't think I would wish that on anyone.

Duane

Gee Duane, I'm not smarter but the deal on the 125 gallon tank I was going to get fell through ;) so I might be interested in trying to do a reseal job on this. If that wouldnt work my lizard could use it.

Sounds like the best deal I have heard of so far. It will take some work to clean up all the coraline but it's all yours. Only thing I will say is it is the tank only. No overflows or bulkheads come with it. I'm sure I will eventually need them once again. :)

But if you want it you can take it. I really would rather see it used somewhere.

Duane

Gina I do have a stand for it but it's the type of stand that you won't be able to put a sump under it. But if you want it when you depart with the tank the stand can go with it.

I'll take a look at it. It will take me a while to do all the cleaning and sealing though so won't even need a stand right away.

Duane can you email me the directions to your place - I didn't make the meeting there the last time and lost the direction you gave then.

Sure Gina I will send directions shortly.

Also not sure what I was thinking but the stand the tank is now on you can have. It has an open bottom which allows for a sump. Once again not sure what I was thinking when I told you about the other stand.

Duane

Back