Tank Transport Help

Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum

Help Support Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum:

moovinfast

Feel free to move if I posted this in the wrong place. Anyways I want to get a new tank this weekend but it wont fit in my little VW rabbit. Its 4'x'4x2' about 240 gallons. Problem is that its in Seattle. Does anyone with a car/van it will fit in want to make a road trip? I live in Longview.

Well if you cannot find someone to help you. Uhaul has pickup trucks and smaller vans you can rent. If the deal on the tank is good the rental wont be to bad to pick it up.

Well if you cannot find someone to help you. Uhaul has pickup trucks and smaller vans you can rent. If the deal on the tank is good the rental wont be to bad to pick it up.

this was gonna be my suggestion
good luck

even Enterprize/hertz have trucks/vans

good luck. I5 traffice is a mess with the road construction. there was a 5 mile back up yester in fortlewis. so it will def be more thana 2 hour drive. just thought you might want to know,

Zipcar (or whatever it is called now) also rents trucks, but I'm pretty sure you get owned by not being able to dropoff in a different location.

Well I had a trailer lined up to go pick it up, but he never got back to me. Maybe he sold the tank. Anyone know of another 4' cube? Theres a 250 gallon tank here I might pick up, but would prefer to have a tank around 24" tall and a cube.

Looks like I can pick up the tank in seattle Sat. But the persons car I was going to borrow with a hitch is having issues. Uhaul only rents the vans and small trucks for in town. I just went in and talked to them to see if they needed a truck moved from seattle to portland to get a discount rate. They said this is the second busiest weekend of the year. The cheapest I could rent one for would be like $135 plus gas one way. Id really rather rent the 5x8 trailer for $20 and pay for gas in a car.

Back