Tank turned 1 year old...and I'm broke!

Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum

Help Support Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum:

kpiotrowski

Kevin
First pic is for me kind of embarrassing. I never knew I would be adding so much stuff between the 2 tanks. This is my first salt venture, so give me a break lol. you all have been there! The left is a frag tank I have yet to hook up, then 50g display fuge, and 120g peninsula tank. I got a killer deal on the main tank and equiptment to start about 6k worth new, for $400 and it was all never used by the seller, then over the last year have spent around 10k more. MAN it adds up fast!!!

added salt on aug 1st 2011 and started adding coral in late fall/early winter.... so yeah, this tank is basically less than 1 year old. the tank is lighly stocked with fish and I have never had any measurable nitrates or phospahates. guess that 50g fuge does some work.

specs are as follows
120g pennisula with 50g fuge, 40g sump
aprox 130lbs LR
skimmer-reef octupus 200sx
iwaki 30rlxt return
2x vortech mp40w
brs dual carbon reactor
2x250w halides, ushio 20k
4x110w vho's, all actinic
cooling fans in canopy
dosing with peristalic pumps( actually just hooked up tonight, was manual dosing twice daily)
apex control with ph,temp, salintiy, orp
temp 78.5 to 80 by choice
orp low 400's without ozone
ph 8.2 to 8.35
artica 1/3hp chiller
29g ato
canopy lift system in progress, functional at this time and pics to follow later.
36w uv sterilizer....removed, prob hooking back up( space issues)

Not the best pics I know.

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

right side

front view

left side

looks great, had pretty much the same tank style for about 10 years and it has never looked that good, I gotta say I like the display fuge, lookin to do something different myself and that might be the direction I head!

Thanks all! I am pretty much in that stage where I wish I knew then what I know now and would have designed in in wall through to garage build. so...I choose to be VERY happy with what I have and try not to regret... and am probably moving most lps to another tank I have and going predominatlely sps.

Hey man, I know a guy that can build you a box to put ALL your wires in. LOL

Seriously, could you post a pic of your clowns new host???

Tank and system looks great. Those pics are not at all worth being embarrassed about.

Hey man, I know a guy that can build you a box to put ALL your wires in. LOL

Seriously, could you post a pic of your clowns new host???

Yeah those clowns hosted that large plate for about a minute I guess cuz they are out now.

when I get some cash I'm gonna have to contact that "guy" about a cabinette under that frag tank and move all that crap under it. but hey, the dt has scratches I could easlily buff out and I havn't even got around to that yet in the last year. been too focused on the function of the system....and I guess lookiing back a year, I pretty happy so far!

can't wait to post those pics of the canopy lift that I could'nt have done without you!

Everything looks happy and healthy great job:) Yeah money can fly out the door in this hobby the trick is building a powerful denial system..

Kevin it's such a gorgeous tank. I'd never guess it was just a year old. It's a beauty for sure. I'm an LPS fan myself and really admired that elegance coral:) keep up the great work!

thanks again! Put another $1500 on the home depot card tonight for an electric start generator so the wife can operate it.....NOW i'm really broke lol. have the old one listed for $200!!!! need a pull cord though....went to start it again today and ripped off in my hand. the cord look solid so I was shocked, but it was a concern that the wife couldn't start it soooo yeah, another $1500 in the hole but a really nice 10000w rigid generator with a quieter subaru engine.

Now your talking. I live across the street from the power station lol. Hoping it's enough:)

Back