tank

Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum

Help Support Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum:

tel

hi all ,im having a tank made for me its 84x24x30 inches,wot i want to know is how many outlets shall i have drilled and how many inlets.
thanks terry

84'' tank I would do atleast 6-8 1'' outlets and you will need about 6,000+ gph through them so you will need 2 maybe 3 1 1/2'' intakes

Matt

Just MI, but

4-5 2" across the rear for outlet, and 2 larger or 4 smaller inlets

but your talking several holes now... so maybe you could figer out a way 2 make 2 4 inch holes and split them up

each hole haveing inlet and outlet.

It all depends on a few things like how many pumps you will be using, how you want to go about plumbing things etc. For eg, some people, rather than using say a single 2 inch bulkhead for a drain for a pump will use 2-3 smaller sized bulkheads to cut down on the suction force in the tank so you end up with 3 holes rather than 1. Also, on the outputs, some people would rather use "Y" adaptors to cut down on the number of holes they'll have to put in the tank. Just a thought:)

its 12mm thick glass .i was only going to put 2 holes about 32-40mm out from inside a weir and 2 the same or a bit smaller going back to tank.
thanks tel

Back