TaoTronic

Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum

Help Support Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum:

the2ndtinman

Has anyone had any experience with theses leds? Reviews I've read seem pretty good but no one knows the long term effects. I know they are cheap but they are st the very top plus some on my budget.

Do you think 2 would be enough for a 90 gallon?

do you think I would be better off with these or trying to find a used set of halides?

Sent from my PC36100 using Tapatalk

There are so many brands/label now that its dificult to say without seeing the specs to these. can you provide a link or specs ie: wattage, chip color selection, optics, driver type etc...
More than likely would be a better choice than MH for your Summer temps over there.

Cheers, Todd

Great lights

I am running two Tao Tronics 165 watt on my 180 extra deep monteray cube. One great purchase for a great price. They rock the bottom of the tank. They contain 30 - 3 watt 10,000k white and 25 three watt blue at 460nm. Epistar led chips with three ultra quiet fans. Seperate switches and plugs for white and blue. Purchased from company in Texas. :)

There ya go tinman, sounds like a favorable rating to me. I will have to take a look at them when get back to a PC. Very familiar with your climate as my parents and sister & family live in Clarkston. Love to fish the Snake and Grande Ronde for Steelhead and Smallmouth.

Cheers, Todd

Yes corals are doing excellent. Be very carefull when acclimating these lights are extremely powerful at 30 inches deep they are 4000lumens if my memory serves me

Also run one apollo 4 in the middle of the tank with the 2 taos on each end The apollo 4 is 151 watts with cree led's and drivers

Ok thanks, for now I found a set of metal halides used in going to run them for now and save up.

Anyone tell me how much of an increase on my power bill I will see from my now 8 power compact 65watt to 2 250 metal halide?

Sent from my PC36100 using Tapatalk

Back