Teach me RO/DI

Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum

Help Support Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum:

I have that one and its great. Make sure to get some extra di resin( the stuff in the blue capped tubes, and the hose adapter if you connect that way. They will combine shipping.

I've always heard and was under the impression that with the units..."you get what you pay for" Is that not true in this instance?? I also heard that the majority of the Ebay sellers were selling inferior built products. My plan is to get an "Aqua FX" from a local retailer for $229, but then havae to add a TDS meter for $30-35, and a float switch for $27. I want to do it for as reasonable a price as possible...but also get zero readings on the water...and at least 50gpd.

One of the best investments I have ever made my RO DI unit! I got a good deal off of ebay. It works great too! Just type "WaterGeneral RO6100+DI". $109.00 starting bid--- "Buy it now"= $115.00. There are at least a few people here who also have it. Good luck!

If you are looking for a float swith, I found mine at a plumbing supply store for $3. It is a float switch for a swamp cooler. As to the metal arm I just covered it with tubing

Back