Teaser Alert!!!!! new build in progress!!!

Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum

Help Support Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum:

thatguy559

163715_1826340184223_1411854605_2113101_6552782_n.jpg

sorry for the cell phone pic.

mee tooo... is this going to be your tank? and you are going to use LEDs? but I thought you already have a tank?

Let me know if you have any questions..... Ive done three in-walls over the last five years. Not saying I know everything but might have a few helpful ideas.

A corner veiw is the only way to go.

Last edited:
here is shot of the stand. i ran out of wood i still need to finish it!!! so its not done yet but heres an update
f2079bbf.jpg

If you use a 4x8 beam across the back it will give you all of the space under the stand to use for storage.
Also, on the right end, I would recommend sheathing it with plywood for shear strength so the whole tank isnt being supported by the one 8' 2x4 thats in the wall. You want that baby strong in case of a big earth quake.

yeah i planned on doing that with the plywood. the whole thing will have plywood i dont care for storage under the stand my sump is going to be off to the left. again this is not the final product just an update :D

Looking forward to seeing this thing come together, going to be a sweet setup, looking forward to seeing the progress!!!!

Back