temp question ez one

Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum

Help Support Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum:

see there was never a 2 degree temp diffrence in my tank its bin the same, i just had 1 good t stat, and one shiztie one, and a suspect heater. im gonna get my self a nice one

http://www.toofishy.com/product.php?productid=18471&cat=527&page=1

same one i have in my sump
plug and play and walk away, dont have to sit here thinking "IS it gonna turn off, is gonna turn off? OH YA ITS OFF"

then " is it gonna turn on, is it gonna turn on?"

NO MOSS

na, im not gonna bother em. that one rocks i have it in my ro tank, i said sump but im pissed so my heads in space ageain........................

hahhahahhhahha

im about 2 ill tell ya that. active the emgence heating device!

im gonna have to take the heater outt my ro tank, and put it in my sump cause i think i just broke the hell outta this jager, its not seting.

i set it to 68 degree and its on, i set it to 96 degree is on.

its not turning off anymore.

IM GONNA CHUCK THIS THING THRU THE WINDOW!

lol

i was gonna do something funny, and post a picture of my glock siting next to the heater.

I should be fine tho. saterday ill go get a new pro digtal 150watt. and ill thorw that in my ro tank.

I took the one outta my ro tank and put it in my sump (should be fine) its 150watt witch is what i should have had in the first place for my tank but

do you think me puting the old jager in the ro tank will contaimanate it?

IMO. 1-1/2 to 2 degrees difference seems odd and little much. It might be right in your instance though.

Edit.. Nevermind.. I missed a page of posts when I responded.. DUh...

Last edited:
Glad you got it figured out Burning. I thought is was a little weird to be 2 degrees difference. I understand a small difference, but 2 degrees sounds weird..

ya, it was bugging the hell outta me.
but i put the digtal heater in the sump, and the jager in the ro tank.

tomarrow ill go get another heater (digie) and put that in the sump,
then im gonna post a funny pic

Invest in a good controller for temperature it's worth it as heaters are unreliable !!! ( mine is 8 degress off when it was new)
Also keeping a tank above 81 all year round is too hot IMO :)

the "won" brand lcd heaters work good, its + or - .05 degree all the time,

i have it set at 80. it only goes to 80.6 and never below 80.0

hey guys i started a new forum about heaters join in, (and thats that pic i was talking about)

LOL

Its a matter of time and luck eventually they stop working correctly if they worked at the start. Glad yours works OK . I have had 4 bad heaters and know of some others with similar experiences !
:)
Paul

Back