Test Results

Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum

Help Support Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum:

at any time did you have a nitrate reading??
you should have something as I would think the tank is cycled.

Ca is at the high end (for me), other than that OK.

what do you plan on keeping in the system? fish, corals, mixture?

Is there anything in it?

Yes, there is.

Two anemones.
Six line wrasse.
Two naked clowns.
One blue tang.
Gray/black tang (not sure of the name)
Two nassasrius snails.
Yellow head goby.
Green neon torch.
Two cleaner shrimp.
Two pink anthias.
One chromis.
Two small hermits (blue legs).

As far as the "0" reading. The color variations are light. I may have some, it just looks like zero to me.

i'm having a problem lowering my nitrates. do you mind me asking how often do you do a water change and what % do you change?

- james

f2titan,

hmmmm...you should have some dedictible nitrates in your system, i might be < 5 but there is some there.

i'm having a problem lowering my nitrates. do you mind me asking how often do you do a water change and what % do you change?

- james

I have a 32 (or 35?) gallon trash can I use. I do a water change every 3rd weekend. Yes, its a Rubbermaid.

at any time did you have a nitrate reading??
you should have something as I would think the tank is cycled.

Ca is at the high end (for me), other than that OK.

what do you plan on keeping in the system? fish, corals, mixture?

I was wondering about the Ca too. Ya, I think its a "tad" on the high side. What can I do to bring it down?

I was wondering about the Ca too. Ya, I think its a "tad" on the high side. What can I do to bring it down?

If you have live coraline in your tank it will start to soak it up. You can also toss some more SPS or LPS in your system to use up your Ca.

I would get it tested at a LFS, as I've been told that API kits are sometimes out of whack a little bit.

I set up my 120 and also switched to ReefCrystals and my Ca went up to 420 at water change time and 440 after a water change. I do a 30 gallon W/C every 3rd week.

If your corals look happy, I wouldn't really worry about your Ca.

If you have live coraline in your tank it will start to soak it up.

I would get it tested at a LFS, as I've been told that API kits are sometimes out of whack a little bit.

If your corals look happy, I wouldn't really worry about your Ca.

........+1:)

Back