testing magnesium above 1500ppm

Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum

Help Support Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum:

Salifert test kits you just keep adding drops until you get the change, then add the two results, as far as I know.

Barbie

You refill the syringe, keep adding drops, then add however many more to the 1500....

Barbie

You refill the syringe, keep adding drops, then add however many more to the 1500....

Barbie
Lets see if I have this straight.
When I hit 0.00 with the reagent in the syringe, refill it and keep going.
For every additional 0.02mil of reagent I use add 30 ppm of magnesium.

My next question is,,, is this still accurate? Or atleast as accurate as this test is?

Yes, I don't have the directions here, but it says to do that somewhere in them. I can check for it at home, if it helps ;).

Barbie

This procedure works with Salifert Calcium test kit, when testing above 500. Each syringe full of reagent is equal to 500. I think with Magnesium, you'd just refill the syringe and act like you're starting over. So, say after the second syringe, you end up with a reading of 300. Add that to the maximum 1500 from the first syringe, to get 1800.

This procedure works with Salifert Calcium test kit, when testing above 500. Each syringe full of reagent is equal to 500. I think with Magnesium, you'd just refill the syringe and act like you're starting over. So, say after the second syringe, you end up with a reading of 300. Add that to the maximum 1500 from the first syringe, to get 1800.

Heck, I think I can remeber that.:D

I've heard a ton of horror stories about rabbit fish and zoanthids.
But thanks for the suggestions.

The bryopsis is really only growing on my zoanthids that are on frag plugs and disks. Inbetween the polyps, so I'm not to keen on trying to use a fish that is going to try and clean up the bryopsis, but not touch the polyps.
If I can knock down the bryopsis, then I will try and transfer the polyps onto new rock rubble and toss the plugs.

Back