Thank you Reef Frontiers!!!

Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum

Help Support Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum:

Ellylove

I just want to give kudos to this site, it's mods, and it's members. I am also a member on another site where you have to have 50 posts and 3 months as a member before you can even SEE the fs/ft threads! It is so nice to feel welcomed and not like I have to prove myself before being able to post on here. If it wasn't for this site, I really wouldn't have ever even set my tank up. Thanks guys for making this THE BEST reef site on the net!

Elly, read the thread over there...lol. However, I'm of the opinion that the 50/90 is a great rule. It's actually pretty common on most reef forums. It does eliminate people joining, just to sell. I'll admit that it does bother me to see members who've just joined and have 20 posts, ALL trying to sell stuff. We had a rash of that going on here, 3 or 4 months ago.

I am one that believes that this is site is full of knowledgable people. I also believe that the 50/90 rule is a good one.

I bought ALL of my equipment off of reef sites (I somehow slipped through the cracks at first and could see and post on fs threads). If it wasn't for forums, I wouldn't even have a tank. I have no problem with having a rule of no posting for sale threads until you have 50/90, but I see no problem with allowing people to buy right away.

Reef Frontiers is by far the best reef forum on the net!!

i hate to say it but ....The lounge in RC :p :lol: .

I like the 50/90 , i hate seeing people just trying to sell stuff ....buying i'd be ok but trying to sell after just 1 post ...not the ideal way.

i hate to say it but ....The lounge in RC :p :lol: .

I like the 50/90 , i hate seeing people just trying to sell stuff ....buying i'd be ok but trying to sell after just 1 post ...not the ideal way.

Like I said, I have no problem with the 50/90 to sell things, but I can't even see the for sale threads or leave feedback on a seller that burned me. Thank God for the freedom on here!!!

Like I said, I have no problem with the 50/90 to sell things, but I can't even see the for sale threads or leave feedback on a seller that burned me. Thank God for the freedom on here!!!

yeah Chuck is nice to let us have that type of freedom :D .

You don't know Chuck!!!??? You oughta be banished to the dark side!!! lol Chuck is the owner...aka MtnDewMan

Well I've gotten the standard "Welcome to the Site, etc, etc." emails from him, but I've never corresponded with him. *hangs head in shame* (we need a smiley for that!)

looks like you thanked them to soon. i will get to 50 posts sooner or later but it will probably be later because i am new to the hobby and so far do not have any big ?'s to help build my post count

Back