• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Reef Frontiers and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member or just click here to donate.

Thank You

Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum

Help Support Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum:

just wanted to let u know my cali tort (diff from org tort) that i got from barrier reef is doing awesome=) my tank crashed shortly after i a got a bunch of frags from tehm ( blue turaki , cali tort, blue/red mille) i must admit.. they were all stunning pieces anwyays the cali tort was the only one to make it through my boiling water during thesummer... i went on vacation one weekend and came back to a tank of white skeleton .. anwyays! the cali tort is doign awesome=) its growing fast and branching well i dont have any pictures but i feel it might be just as nice as the org tort.. espeically from the size of the frag u get from the cali=) just wanted to provide more positive feedback for barrier reef(as if they dotn have enough positive feed back already;) i dont remember ever posting on their sponser section and thought i would to show my gratitude and oversatisfaction of their corals...and i guess cy and tim are nice to talk to as well...i hope to make it out to ur opening day/week/weekend=)
take care cy and tim and goodluck with the new place (although i liked u guys in issaquah where it was closer to me=P)

chris

Last edited:
sorry spongebob, but i dont have any pictures but i encourage you to go visit them (espeically when their new store is set up) they have some of the nicest fragsaround

Opening is still up in the air. Things are progressing but we had some delays with our contracters and the person building the racks that will hold our systems. We are shooting for mid-november and we will update RF as we know more.

Coral pictures

Any pictures of the corals :D ?

hey spongebob-
here is a link of some pictures of the frags that we have available. http://www.reeffrontiers.com/forums/showthread.php?t=16228&page=2 there might be some on grow-out. there are some new frags that we have not updated with pictures yet as well. let us know if something catches your attention and or if you would like to schedule a time to come out to the garage. we are itchin really bad to get our stock into the store so people have easier access to these pieces and we will keep everyone in the loop as to when that will happen.
thanks-
Tim: 206-669-9590

Cy's contact: 425-241-9506

Last edited:
awesome!!
yeah right after i move into my new home ( it'll be probably in 2 or 3 weeks since they're still working on some details) I'll be able to buy corals, fishes and whatever i'd like (husband said...no, but yes after we move :p), my patience is killing me now.

Tim/Cy, the Bali green and Blue acro that I got from you are doing great. What was the long history on the blue again? When do you expect the Renton store to be open?

Mike,

The story on the Bob Moore Blue Stag, retold to the best of my knowledge, goes like this...

Steve Tyree sold a frag of his Limited Edition "Steve Elias" Blue Stag (A. loisetteae) to Paul Hamby. Paul sold/gave a frag to Bob Moore. It sounds like Paul has also sent some back to Tyree. Bob grew a beautiful colony of this coral which he has recently passed on to us. Out of respect for the fact that Bob Moore grew this beautiful Acropora we have been calling it "The Bob Moore Blue Stag," but it originates back through Paul to Steve Tyree. My apologies if I have any of this story incorrect and I welcome any corrections. I have been told the story of this coral, in pieces, by four other individuals.

The bottom line is Bob grew a fantastic coral and his wishes are that we share it with hobbyists in the area at reasonable prices. You can buy it at our competitor, online, for about $90 an inch. We sell it for a lot less. Prices vary by frag.

We are shooting for a mid-November opening but until we have the racks for our tanks the timeline is out of our hands. We will post updates as the schedule becomes clearer.

Glad you like your frags,

Cy

Last edited:
Steve Tyree sold a frag of his Limited Edition "Steve Elias" Blue Stag (A. loisetteae) to Paul Hamby. Paul sold/gave a frag to Bob Moore. It sounds like Paul has also sent some back to Tyree. Bob grew a beautiful colony of this coral which he has recently passed on to us. Out of respect for the fact that Bob Moore grew this beautiful Acropora we have been calling it "The Bob Moore Blue Stag," but it originates back through Paul to Steve Tyree. My apologies if I have any of this story incorrect and I welcome any corrections. I have been told the story of this coral, in pieces, by four other individuals.

that Tyree guy is famous :p , i always hear people talking about him.

oooh,,,i do have "Steve Elias" the colony about 11-12 '' high and 10 " wide,,grow from 1" frag from Paul Hamby 2- 1/2 years ago,,and still keep on growing,,goona love it..

Back