thats odd?

Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum

Help Support Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum:

cschwarz

i was at a Petco today and i saw a really cool little percula clownfish i wanted to buy. but the worker would not let me buy it because i did not have an anemone in the tank for it and he said i had no idea how to care for a saltwater fish lol. but when i asked him if he ever had a saltwater tank he said no.so i was a little upset but i am glad that they where trying to place the fish into good homes but i think the pics on my cell of my tank would have convened him that i knew what i am doing lol. but it all comes down to it i really wanted that clown :( so i am going back tomorrow and hopes there is a new worker that will sale me the fish lol. what do you think?

If you want it I'd try to go back and get it. I suppose it's commendable that the employee tried to look out for the fish but I've seen clowns host on a rock. They don't need an anemone to be successful in a tank.

Mike

ya i am going back tomorrow lol that worker will be gone lol. ya i know they dont need an anemone i have them all the time with out any and the two i have in my reef tank wont even get close my anemone lol

Clowns don't need necessarily need an anemone. They will pretty much host anything. I've even seen them host hair algae and all LOL!:p The guy obviously wants to appear he knows something haha! Tell him to sign up here on RF so we can teach him a bit about the hobby so he can know better how to do his job :lol:. To have an anemone you need an established mature aquarium which isn't the case for a clown being a very hardy damsel which is the reason people can add them to newly set up tanks and they do well. :)

Last edited:
Or when they ask if you have a anemone in the tank today, your answer should be, picked one up last night just for this little guy.

That is funny. I had a clown that lived in a 19" gigas. Both were happy, I probably would have made a scene and then walked out without buying anything. I wouldnt go back and Id shop elseware.

Don

It might not be that the employee is an idiot, though I'm thinking that's probably the case. However, it could be that the employee was trained with this information, in which case the responsibility falls on the management. Having managed the pet dept, in a Walmart store, several years ago, you'd be amazed at some of the things corporate entities teach, when it comes to something they know nothing about.

thanks for responding. i think i am going to go back to day and see what happens. i dont really need the clown i just like it markings..

Back