The best for my 65 G reef

Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum

Help Support Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum:

The return is almost hooked to the structure! Can't wait to see it work!

Photo660.jpg

Photo659.jpg

Photo658.jpg

Photo656.jpg

Photo657.jpg

Photo645.jpg

Photo646.jpg

Photo648.jpg

Photo641.jpg

My buddy Pat using spawflex for the overflow, more quiet that way, he's the brain of the operation.

Photo642.jpg

Here's the foreman

Photo655.jpg

Photo643.jpg

Installation

Photo670.jpg

The installation continues with this;

Eheim 1262 Universal
Water Pump
WP-EH-1262
http://www.aquacave.com/eheim-1262-universal-br-water-pump-1612.html

Reef Octopus DNW 150
Recirculating
Protein Skimmer
PS-OCT-DNW-150
http://www.aquacave.com/reef-octopus-dnw-150-br-recirculatingbr-protein-skimmer-984.html

TWO LITTLE FISHIES PHOSBAN and CARBON REACTOR 150
http://www.aquatichouse.com/FILTRATION%20MENU_files/phosreactor.asp

My Octopus recirculating Skimmer

Photo726.jpg

My two little fishies Reactors

Photo727.jpg

Eheim Pump

Photo728.jpg

Last edited:
Pat taking a few shot of are... his, my.... his work.

Photo717.jpg

Photo718.jpg

Photo722.jpg

The return pump and how its hooked to the structure

Photo743.jpg

The stalactite is floating, leave it to a frenchman to invent floating rocks; i need to brace it temporarely

Photo710.jpg

Photo708.jpg

I used some eggcrate brace for now, cause i don't have anything better, but i'll have to think of something, cause this is an eye soar.....

Photo786.jpg

Photo785.jpg

Durring the cycle that should be short in view that my rock are mined and have no debris, i've decided to put some of my macro algae in the tank, and transfer some of my corals in as well.

Photo777.jpg

Photo780.jpg

Photo783.jpg

Photo759.jpg

Photo761.jpg

From the right side; you can also see the main exaust hole of the sculpture just in case the many other holes get cloged

Photo764.jpg

Photo758.jpg

Photo776.jpg

From the left side; you can see the stalactite at the far end.

Photo769.jpg

Last edited:
About the pluming; well, the overflow goes into a sock to help keep my sump clean, and help my skimmer as well, so their less waste of water. The water then is redistributed by the pump to 4 outlets. 1, the skimmer, 2, the phosban and carbon reactors, 3 the return outlet to the sculpture, 4 to the fuge who also dumps into the main tank.

Photo745.jpg

The overflow dumps into the sock, so does the skimmer

Photo962.jpg

The pump pick up

Photo737.jpg

The return goes to the skimmer and the reactors through the valves

Photo736.jpg

Photo735.jpg

The Third is the return to the tank, you can see the phosban and carbon reactor in the forefront as well.

Photo961.jpg

The return can be ajusted here.

Photo958.jpg

Here we see the return from the pump(left) and the return from the fuge (right)

Photo960.jpg

Here is the fourth return line going to the fuge

Photo957.jpg

those pics are amazing I love that idea. I have always wondered how I could hide the piping from my pump and that is a great idea..sorry but I might have to copy it a little lol

again it looks great nice job on the hang down

THE END

Well its the END of the road for me guys. I lost the tank; $ 1 200 worth of corals and the $ 2 800 of damages...... too much for my budget. The decision was made in May but until now i couldn't face it and tear down my set up. I let sit for the summer and let the emotion past. You don't invest yourself in a project like this without emotion or money. And both cost me dearly. So until now, i did nothing. Just sold some of my stuff this weekend, for bits, still got some stuff to sell, at a lost of course but now its no longer a question of money its a question of moving on and cleaning up the place. As an example; i sold my GHL controllers valued at $ 1200 for both for only $ 500 with only 4 months use outch. My drilled 65G tank with a coast to coast and all the pluming , stand, and 29 G sump for $ 250, quite a deal hey lol. Got to take it like man, and laugh about it. If anybody is from Ottawa, Canada, you can call me 819-684-6620 for more details. Got 2 Vortech MP40 powerheads valued $ 1000, for $ 700 the pair. Ok well this should be my last post, i'll miss this place had lost of great time on the site and good conversations and exchanged. God's be!

That is a shame. I was getting ready to compliment you on thinking outside of the box with your system.

If you still have the Biocube I would just start from scratch and get a couple of corals and then start trading one at a time.

Good luck in your decision.

That is a shame. I was getting ready to compliment you on thinking outside of the box with your system.

If you still have the Biocube I would just start from scratch and get a couple of corals and then start trading one at a time.

Good luck in your decision.

Thanks, but reality bites , lol.

I cant believe it, just saw your thread for the first time and i started from the beginning, you were doing amazing work all throughout the first pages, it all look awesome, and then when i get to the last page expecting to see some cool pics i read the bad news. I feel your pain and i hope you give it another shot.

What's up Basile!
Sorry you had to tear down your hard work. I know the feeling~
It is good to see you on RF also :) Don't sweat it bro, in time you will make a comeback and have a ton of new ideas to show us I have no doubt.
See you around buddy and God bless you too :)

Back