the making of the 55

Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum

Help Support Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum:

tony2005

well guys i'm jumping up to a 55gal nothing to big,but here's is the making of the 55

by the way here a few picture of my old tanks 2nd is a 120 gal 3rd is my 44gal 4th is my 90gal and 5th and first saltwater 46gal tank

Last edited:
Hey Tony! You've got some nice tanks there...I thought you were getting out of the tank business for a while there, but it looks like I was wrong(LOL) Best of luck on the 55 gal project. I love the all-glass tanks with the built in overflows. I'm considering a 125 all-glass with dual overflows now that I can get at a really great price brand new from my buddy at the LFS, but can't bring myself to tearing down and starting pretty much over when things are running smoothly for once in my tank. Should be a great setup you'll have. I'll be following along...

Awesome Tony! What are your plans for the 55 gallon?

krish75 said:
Hey Tony! You've got some nice tanks there...I thought you were getting out of the tank business for a while there, but it looks like I was wrong(LOL) Best of luck on the 55 gal project. I love the all-glass tanks with the built in overflows. I'm considering a 125 all-glass with dual overflows now that I can get at a really great price brand new from my buddy at the LFS, but can't bring myself to tearing down and starting pretty much over when things are running smoothly for once in my tank. Should be a great setup you'll have. I'll be following along...

the only tank that running is the 44gal corner tank and the rest has been sold:cry:
i was down and out for awhile as u can see the tank i'm building is small compaired to the 120 gal and most of the stuff i'm getting are 2nd hand stuff,but it will be awhile to get this guy going.like we all said,u get into saltwater there no turning back and your HOOK for life:badgrin:it sound like u are going to the same route i just came from,it started with a 46gal then a 90gal then to 120gal,i bet u are going to upgrade to the 125gal,because u got the bug:lol: :badgrin:

thank for the nice words
tony

NaH2O said:
Awesome Tony! What are your plans for the 55 gallon?

well the plan are i'am going to get everything out from the 44gal corner tank and put them in the 55gal most likely i'll be getting more lr and coral i'm going with a little more softy and lps for now,but will see what come up while i'm building this project.the 44gal look like i'll be giving the tank to my son,i think he has the bug too:badgrin: :lol: :D

thanks Nah20,i'll be posting some pic on process of this build:)

oh by the way happy new year to RF,hopefully this will be a good year for everybody.god know i need it:D

Last edited:
oh by the way happy new year to RF,hopefully this will be a good year for everybody.god know i need it

Happy New Years to you too Tony.

i bet u are going to upgrade to the 125gal,because u got the bug

LOL...The only bug I have right now is a stomach bug! I figured though, if I were to get the 125, I'd have to build a new stand and canopy. If that is the case, and I have to rebuild anyway, why not go for a 180 gal one time! Naw, I don't want to start over again right now (atleast not today). I'll just watch you guys do it instead:)

krish75 said:
Happy New Years to you too Tony.

LOL...The only bug I have right now is a stomach bug! I figured though, if I were to get the 125, I'd have to build a new stand and canopy. If that is the case, and I have to rebuild anyway, why not go for a 180 gal one time! Naw, I don't want to start over again right now (atleast not today). I'll just watch you guys do it instead:)

wait til the stomach bug is over will see what will happen next,hmmmmm 125 or 180,hell let go with a 240gal:eek: :lol:

thanks krish

well i got a stand and a hood today,thanks to aaron(uwscotch)i got the the sump and the skimmer and 2 rio pump 1 for a return pump(rio3100)and 1 for the skimmer(rio2500).now i'm just trying to figure out how i'am going to set up the skimmer.any advise will be helpful:D

here some picture sorry it not clear:|

Attachments

• DSCN0078.JPG
    DSCN0078.JPG
    35.9 KB
i know what u mean i started with one 4 foot 50 gl tank and now im getting a 2nd one in a couple of days cant wait to start a new cycle and watch it from the comfort of my bed how much did that tank cost did it come with the holes for the sump? if so shouldnt they give u asump when u buy the tank?

Tony...did you have to put the stand over the sump to get it in there or did it just slip right in? Looks like a really tight fit!

What kind of skimmer is it? Is it an internal or external one?

Love the stand and canopy! Is it an all-glass stand and canopy?

krish75 said:
Tony...did you have to put the stand over the sump to get it in there or did it just slip right in? Looks like a really tight fit!

What kind of skimmer is it? Is it an internal or external one?

Love the stand and canopy! Is it an all-glass stand and canopy?

no i went from the back of the stand,and the skimmer is in or out belin skimmer,yes it a aga w/build in overflow box.:)

morgan said:
i know what u mean i started with one 4 foot 50 gl tank and now im getting a 2nd one in a couple of days cant wait to start a new cycle and watch it from the comfort of my bed how much did that tank cost did it come with the holes for the sump? if so shouldnt they give u asump when u buy the tank?

the tank cost me $119.00,it did come pre drill for a sump and i wish it did come with a sump,but wish full thinking:D

well guys and gals,got everything plump up and sump with a rio3100 for the return line got the megaflow kit for the overflow box and figure out how get the skimmer in.the first sump didn't work out,without doing some kind off mod to it,but don't get me wrong it is a great sump but i didn't want to may any mod to it to get the skimmer to fit,so i knew the owner @ lfs and he needed a bigger sump and he had what i wanted so we did a trade and now everybody is happy:razz:i'll update as soon as i get done tonight and post some pic:D

Looking good Tony! Is there any product Kent makes that you don't have under your stand???(LOL) Just messing with you...Very nice so far:)

krish75 said:
LOL...I didn't know they had that many products until I looked under your stand:lol:

i never try anything else but kent products since i started with saltwater about 5yrs ago,but if there any more that i miss u promise to tell me?(LOL)
yeah u thing this is bad u should have see when i first started,man let me tell u,i had from everthing u can think off,cause the lfs around here sold me a alot of thing i didn't need,thats the thing about me i just jump but i don't know what i'm getting myself into.but now i know better:D this what happens when u leave a tropical island and can dive anymore to see corals and fishes and reefs:lol: so don't leave the island man,or u will be upgrading to a 125gal:lol:

Back