the making of the 55

Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum

Help Support Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum:

NaH2O said:
LOL!

Tony - did you get your skimmer figured out?

yes i did i went ahead and installed it in the sump and made a divider for the lr,thanks for asking:)

here a picture of the skimmer and sump

hey guys and gals
well i'm thinking of upgrade my system as far as cal:| do u think it will be a big factor to my system if i added a cal reactor?i never had a reactor for the 5 yrs i been in this hobby,but i hear alot of good stuff about it.let me know what u guys & gal think.:)

Boy Tony, I need to get one myself. I've heard they make things a lot easier and more accurate. I guess you will need to wait for some responses from the others. Oh, BTW HAPPY BIRTHDAY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

krish75 said:
Boy Tony, I need to get one myself. I've heard they make things a lot easier and more accurate. I guess you will need to wait for some responses from the others. Oh, BTW HAPPY BIRTHDAY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

thanks krish,thanks for reminding me it is my b-day:lol:it make it alot easier for me to get someone to buy me a cal reactor for my b-day:badgrin: :lol:

Last edited:
Happy B-Day!

As far as a calcium reactor goes, it will depend on how much consumption you think you are going to have. Will 2 part supplements be difficult or expensive? Would dripping kalk meet your needs? Maybe a Kalk reactor would be a good choice? These are things to consider, especially if you aren't 100% sure you are going to get a calcium reactor.

well guys and gals i just upgrade my tank and this what i have done.
i added about 10 more pounds of lr,install a phosban reactor,got more coral from shark reef,aquarium paradise and pioneer west.
upgrade my lights from pc to vho t-12 110watts per bulbs which i have a 10000k daylight and actinic 03 bulbs.as soon as i got time i'll post some picture.:D

oh by the way i got a pair of black and white percula clown fish hopefully i'll be just like elmo and have a bunch off clown swimming around:D

here is the pictures of the tank and the new upgrades:D sorry the picture aren't that great:|

here some shot of the pair of clown fish i got:)with there anemone.another shot of the maroon clown with his anemone and a shot of the cleaner shimp:D

oh here some pic of the coraline growing in my tank and the night life went the lights are off

Last edited:
Back