the new member of the family

Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum

Help Support Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum:

well i can't believe how big the Roach is getting ....i mean Robacha :p (my son hates it when i call her a roach :lol: :p)

she's way pink in some pic ....sorry :lol:, her job is to carry rocks around the neighbourhood :p

robacha008sr1.jpg

Shot with Canon PowerShot S400 at 2008-08-11

robacha007lk3.jpg

robacha011xk8.jpg

robacha012mz2.jpg

robacha013wx4.jpg

very cute dog. i'm probably too late to dish out advice,but i will anyway. because I know an infinite amount more about dogs than reefs. If she is still having accidents in the house, it is probably because she can smell her business on the floor. if they can still smell something on the floor they think it's ok to continue to go there.
I have used at least 10 different pet odor removers, and a product called OUT! is the best i've used. again probably to late, but they also make "puppy" pads that you can use to help you transition her from going in the house to going outside. dogs normally go where you cant see them. around the corner,in the closet, or even right in front of the door you use to let them out. with all 3 of the puppies my wife and I have raised in the past couple of years, we have used the same training. when it is time to go to bed, put a pad in front of the closed door. they will use it for a while, meanwhile you are conditioning them to go outside to do their business. we put a pad by the door to go outside as well, so they learn that the pad is their way to the restroom. The nipping habit is easy to break. when she walks up and nips you, use the dog whisperer sounds, and physically turn her around. at first, it's best to also give her one of her chew toys. eventually, after you use the sound and turn her, she will walk away. then, just the sound.
hopefully that helps, and the first 9-11 months are the most crucial. they learn a whole lot more in that time, and are just like a sponge.

best of luck!

you know Thank god :D :p!!! she hasn't peed in the house for a think more than a month *happy dance* :D . we got her pads and all but she doesn't go during the night anymore until next day when we go for a walk hehe , i get up around 5:30 -6 o clock to go for a walk with her and she knows she's gotta pee in the grass and what not :p .
the nipping is getting better, she doens't do it as much unless my son is trying to tease her :rolleyes:.
a few months back i was close to giving her away :eek:, but now i'm definetly enjoying her more, she's a really really smart dog (i'm sure lassie is smarter than her :lol::p), i'm trying to train her as much as i can, so far she can do sit, down and a little bit of stay, the stay is still a little bit hard on her if you got a nice treat :lol:, but she's getting it.
my concern with her right now, is that she loves people to much and so whenever she sees people on the street, she wants to jump on them and lick them all over and what not, i tell people to not touch her until she calms down ... but sometimes is really hard :rolleyes: ...not even a treat can stop her :eek:.

ohh yeah question, in the winter how does everyone walk their dogs :oops:? do you put a rain coat on the dogs or just let them go like that?

Back