The Noob looking in! From set up to first fish.

Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum

Help Support Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum:

Besides I am going to be building a new stand (36x26x39) that will fit this tank and able to upgrade to a 90 gallon 36x24x24, and make a sump to fit in the stand. So I am going to have empty the tank basically for the move. I may even empty it completely and drill the tank for sump feed and returns x 2 If it is possible that is. not sure I can drill 3 holes in a short span on a small tank.

Is this still the plan Detri?

Yup, I will have it finished after the holidays. Hopefully by then I will have all the rock I want for the tank. It'll all go in my 20g while I get it set up.

I was going to get acrylic, but if there is a good deal in the local area for a tank and some critters then I will go that route.

Acrylic is always good IMO as you can pretty much do whatever you want with it (ie. drilling etc) as with glass, it isn't so easy if tempered. You'll definately pay more for the acrylic (from what I've seen) unless you get a great deal, but it is worth it to me personally. I seem to be alright with the glass so far in terms of circulation etc on my 90gal with the new aquascaping. I won't know for sure until I get some life in there, but so far so good.

I really hope all goes well for you with your setup Detri. Your a great guy with great enthusiasm for the hobby which makes it all the better for you in your favor. Everyone knows you aren't one who just wants to jump into the hobby and cross your fingers hoping for the best. Rather you ask questions and learn what it is all about which I'm positive will pay off for you in the end...Good luck and thanks for sharing your progress with us!

Thanks for the kind words Krish! I forgot to mention, I got my wife to agree to take the blenny back to the LFS. I got a little concerned, he got fat then the tank was clean. He started to lose wieght. I told her I would get her another fish of her choice, but, she had to research it and learn what it needs before she went and got it or I went and got it for her. If i go I usaully come home with a new gadget or something for the tank. hehe. So she'll likely want to go. LOL

lol Detri :)
as long as she doesn't want a mistery wrass you'll be fine :D .
i agree with Krish, you should get an acrylic one.
I have a glass tank and i can't drill and i can't do anything if i wanted to :( , in my opinion they are cheaper than the acrylic but like i said it's really hard to drill on a glass one, i have never tried the acrylic ones and i think that's gonna be my future next step :) .
hmm you can get her a clown goby the green ones or the black ones they are so cute too.

Back