The Official PSAS Bob Moore frag swap 2013

Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum

Help Support Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum:

Are you still needing volunteers?

Ya, actually we could use a little help after the meeting tearing down equipment and getting it ready for the square dance troop that comes in at 6:00. Yep, square dancing after party! It's a private group but I imagine they would love to bring in some new dance partners.

Can I add your name to the list? :)

Ya, actually we could use a little help after the meeting tearing down equipment and getting it ready for the square dance troop that comes in at 6:00. Yep, square dancing after party! It's a private group but I imagine they would love to bring in some new dance partners.

Can I add your name to the list? :)

Square dance partner list?

Put me down for clean up. I'll probably help in set up too if I can get there early enough.

Thanks Lorrie! You're on the list.

We're starting a list for volunteers at the event. We have two major time slots where we'll really need some extra help. Set-up and tear-down. To make it worth your effort, we're offering free admission to anyone volunteering for either time. But don't feel limited, if you want to sign up for both times. :) For those working both times, you'll automatically receive the club membership for the remainder of the year which enters you into the drawing for the free corals we'll be giving out to our members at the event along with all the other benefits members receive throughout the year. We would like to have 5 volunteers on hand before and after the event. Here are the times available:

Updated List:
8:00 am - 11:00 am
1. Duffer
2. SedroStyle
3. Eartaker
4. thatguy559
5. Shane and John

3:00 pm - 6:00 pm
1. NemCrazy
2. IPisces
3. thatguy559

Ichthys
Eartaker

Thanks to everyone who's volunteered already!

Last edited:
I'm going to be bringing in some tank raised corals from a good friend in California. This will be for the bob moore swap only. What would you guys like to see? So far we have 4 small max clams. Try color chalice and acans.

Anything you guys looking for? Maybe a yellow hammer coral?

Halmus, I can volunteer to be there for the set up. I missed last year recovering from my Knee surgery. I have heard you are doing very good things with the PSAS and would gladly help out. Let me know. Shane:)

Halmus, I can volunteer to be there for the set up. I missed last year recovering from my Knee surgery. I have heard you are doing very good things with the PSAS and would gladly help out. Let me know. Shane:)

You're on the list! Thanks for offering to help. I think we're set now for volunteers for the morning set-up.

Wow........ I been missing out :( This is one I would like to go to now that I'm up and running again. I would be a joy to see everyone and meet some fellow Reefers. Looks and sounds like one I would be foolish to miss. Just need to try and get this day off. Good to see everyone involved in keeping this going.

This kind of events makes me wish I was in the saltwater game. I can't wait until I have my tank up and running. There is much patience I will need, someone please hold me back!

We are giving out one single raffle ticket to every PSAS member that comes to the event (with their card)
or buys the membership card at the door.
That ticket will enter you into the coral raffle (where they are likely to win multiple corals, we keep throwing the ticket back in).

________________________________________________________________________________________

The other raffles listed below, are open to anyone coming to the event. You can buy as many raffle tickets for the following items as you want. Pricing will be clearly marked at the event. (The purple up tickets will be cheaper because they aren't high dollar items.)

Here are some of the raffle items we'll have available at the event:

EXTREME TYPHOON III 150 GPD RODI with Gauge & TDS Alarm & Dual TDS Meter ($280 value!)

A huge supply of Seachem Products (this will be raffled off as the collection you see below):​

The Seachem collection above is something they sent us in addition to a huge supply of Reef Dip that everyone will be receiving at the door.

(So there isn't any confusion, the Reef Dip is free at the door, the collection above will be raffled off)​

We also have multiple "six-packs" of PurpleUp to raffle off:​

purpleup_zps9e47854e.jpg

Last edited:
I'm going to buy my membership at the door, but was wondering if my wife has to pay to come in with me and look around?????? Anyone know?

I'm going to buy my membership at the door, but was wondering if my wife has to pay to come in with me and look around?????? Anyone know?

I forget the specifics of how it was run in past years. This year we decided that one entrance fee (whether you pay general admission, or the membership) covers you and your significant others that are entering with you at the same time.

That being said, please don't show up in a school bus full of your aunt's, great-great-grandma, cousins, cousin's-cousin's-acquaintances, their sister's half-brother's husband twice removed on their godfather's side, and expect to all get in on the same ticket. :) Although, your Great-Great-Grandma is welcome as long as she brings brownies.

I forget the specifics of how it was run in past years. This year we decided that one entrance fee (whether you pay general admission, or the membership) covers you and your significant others that are entering with you at the same time.

That being said, please don't show up in a school bus full of your aunt's, great-great-grandma, cousins, cousin's-cousin's-acquaintances, their sister's half-brother's husband twice removed on their godfather's side, and expect to all get in on the same ticket. :) Although, your Great-Great-Grandma is welcome as long as she brings brownies.

MMMMM...brownies! Devin will be happy!

Hahaa....thats funny. No just my 4 year old daughter ,wife and me.. Thanks for the info. I have been wanting to join for some time now.

We've got wrist bands we'll be giving out to everyone as they come in so we don't have to bug people coming and going. They say something like "Old Enough" or "Of Age". Technically they're wrist bands to get you into a beer garden at a ball game or something like that. I thought the kids would enjoy wearing "adult" wrist bands. FYI, this is a dry event! It's in the rental contract, plus it's a nightmare for liability. Still, I thought the wrist bands were a classy addition. :)

Looking forward to this great event! Are the members allowed to bring frag tank setup and corals? If so, could you give logistics for this, such as available table space, power outlets, timing for setup, etc?

Back