The Polario..

Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum

Help Support Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum:

Wow does the controller get that hot to need a fan? Hmmm I guess you have to be RF's guinea pig for this little toy:D.

Ok, I got it. I put it in water. I plugged it in. The downfall is I do not have intructions to adjust timer on controller. It did make a noise when I put controller on its side. It also pulled water from surface like my tunzes did...made same noise when making whirl pool as tunzes. Its working like a champ. Only I need to adjust timer instead of 15 seconds each direction.

I noticed that you bought this on RC, Ed. It will be good to get some reports on how it works.

Gary

Marine Depot has them $200-$240. 4 ratings which are not very good. Nosy and cheap controller seems to be the general opinion.

The controller does make a whirl noise when changing directions. I have Ice cap fans so its a little bit louder than Ice Cap fan. Flow is pretty good.
Magnet was good enough to hold pump on 3/4 inch acrylic. It has a adjustable bracket for angle. So far I really like it.

Hmm I might have to add this to my new system. Keep us updated in a month. Would like to know how you feel about them after a month of use from you.

Thanks, sArang

Hmm I might have to add this to my new system. Keep us updated in a month. Would like to know how you feel about them after a month of use from you.

Thanks, sArang

Set timer on Controller tonight to ten minutes to each side. Its a lot quieter. Auto mod does 15 seconds a side. I really like the polario and see little if any to complain about at this point.

Back