The ultimate OOPS! Probably killed all my corals

Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum

Help Support Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum:

They are about $15 at lowe's, home depot, etc. The only issue is you have to be sure your wiring to your house is grounded (if you have old knob and tube wiring, they wont work) -

Or, they have GFCI surge bars, I saw some at walmart a little while back, for like $20 - so the wall outlet is cheaper, but since you are renting, the surge bar option may be better......

If you can go with the ones hard wired into the wall, would be better off.
I've heard many stories of the surge protector bars with "GFCI" built in, failing to do their job.

Several of my SPS corals are bleaching (polyps are still bright, but base color is fading). So far 6+ different montis (encrusting, plating, and branching are all affected), a tabling acro, and a roscoes blue have lost lots of their color.:(
They are still alive, but don't look half as spectacular is they did a day ago.

No reason that the corals should be unhappy with you, sit down and explain to them that despite your best efforts to care for them, your girlfriend tried to kill them all in a fit of jealousy.. redirect their anger to the GF, you will be fine.....

HAHAHHAHAHA! :lol::lol::lol::lol:

Those special plugins tho...at my school at least, they will set off A LOT....for simple things like sharpening a pencil haha...I don't know if that would effect it at all? Maybe the school just has bad ones?

I had a field of xenia growing, and it all got wiped out by the electricity. Anybody local have some they need to get rid of? The silver xenia has already totally melted, and the pulsing pom poms are shrinking and not looking like they will recover.

Almost all the SPS have now become bleached, or have lost most of their color. Most zoas/palys are open, as well as the LPS, but most of those are only half the size they should be. Only deaths so far is all my xenia (had quite a bit of pulsing pompom and silver).

OMG BEN! This is horrible. I had no idea this happened to you. I should search the forums more. I sure hope everything comes out ok. I would have helped you if I had known. =(

Those special plugins tho...at my school at least, they will set off A LOT....for simple things like sharpening a pencil haha...I don't know if that would effect it at all? Maybe the school just has bad ones?

They can go bad. The one we had by our pool had to be replaced because it tripped all the time.

Back