Things are looking good.

Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum

Help Support Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum:

akaatomic

I successfully fought off a long lived cyano attack. Phos sponge in a mechanical filter did the trick. Anyone using a phos reactor? I swapped out my plastic bin sump for a 40 breeder. Everything opened up in a matter of a week. I have zoas that I had written off for dead (I wiped cyano off of them) that came back and are starting to spread. All of my mushrooms are opening nice. The frogspawn frag that I grabbed at SF is right at home. All in all things are looking good. Coraline is starting to spread in my FOWLR tank like crazy. Everyone in that tank is healthy and quickly outgrowing the 75. I'm starting to get the hang of this. Now I just need about $1,000 more in stuff and I'll be set for like six months. haha. Actually, I could use some pods and some chaeto if anyone plans to thin out soon.

Ben
I will bring ya some cheato to the meet should have enough to spare then. Will start a small pod culture.

Good news on the tank!! Watch that coraline on the glass - stay on top of it - this I know from experience. I do not know why people buy the purple up I want the purple down. Stuff grows like mad!!

cool ben sounds like the corals are starting to appreciate the new lights.:D

Thanks Brian. The new lights are crazy. I'm so glad that I got them. I'm sure that between the lights, the sump and running phos sponge everything is starting to come into a good balance.

My lights still work. That's a good thing. I still have the remnants of cyano on some of my rock. It just doesn't want to leave!!! I'm going to cut back on my feeding (I over feed) and I've been doing a series of large water changes. Again, everything is still alive, but not spreading. I'm getting there.

Back